Ranking
Original Post
Getting a new phone
Hello everyone, somewhere in the near future Ill be getting a new phone with a contract (cheeper). Im not sure which one to get though, I have about $200 and At&t.

Things Im looking for:
I dont really use apps all that much, but I do use the internet quite a bit.
Id like a good battier life seeing as Im in school a lot
A good camera would be nice
8+ gigs of space
I have rather big hands, so the phone cant be small
Music/sound quality should be manageable
Durability, or a nice selection of cases. Or just one case thats really good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nokia X1-00 has the best battery life out of phones that fill that description.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I have the Galaxy S4, definitely recommend it.
Big phone so it'll fit well in your hands, but not too big if you know what I mean.
Very fast phone, will be getting an update to Android 4.4 Kit Kat soon.
Great camera, 1080p Super Amoled screen.
Light weight and skinny with a great selection of cases.
Last edited by Aracoon; Nov 10, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
I have a blackberry curve 8520
It's a small phone, so I'd recommend the Z10 or the Q10 plus Blackberries have free internet if you pay the BIS which is like $3 a month, then youc an use the internet whenever you want and as long as you want (YouTube videos cost I think) and the battery life is good, just keep your phone off during school, and when you're allowed to take it out, switch it on.. An alternative would be to keep the phone locked during school which uses like no battery at all.
I'd recommend either the Samsung Galaxy S4 or the Blackberry Z10 or Blackberry Q10
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
You guys realize the S4 is a $500+ phone right? There's no reason for OP to get one, even if you compare it to a regular galaxy or something cheap like a nexus.

For OP I don't think there's any benefit to getting an S4 over a galaxy Y, xperia E, agora, etc. There are phones 80% cheaper that do the same thing.

Above all, android phones unanimously have terrible battery life. You are lucky to get more than a day, and even with the best upgraded batteries and optimized ROMs, you can't really get more than a week. Compared to a Nokia which comfortably lasts 2 months, it's a ridiculous comparison.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by aracoon View Post
I have the Galaxy S4, definitely recommend it.
Big phone so it'll fit well in your hands, but not too big if you know what I mean.
Very fast phone, will be getting an update to Android 4.4 Kit Kat soon.
Great camera, 1080p Super Amoled screen.
Light weight and skinny with a great selection of cases.

Not too big? Man, it's even bigger than the HTC One and I thought that was a humongous phone first time I had it in my hands.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post

Above all, android phones unanimously have terrible battery life. You are lucky to get more than a day, and even with the best upgraded batteries and optimized ROMs, you can't really get more than a week. Compared to a Nokia which comfortably lasts 2 months, it's a ridiculous comparison.

I agree on the batteries. It also takes a very long time to charge it to 100% so I think an Android will be an automatic no for you.

I'd love to suggest a phone but I have no clue of good phones under 200 bucks.
you want a closed or opened softwarE?
like android or ios
look i guess you dont want to do stuf with android like programming and stuff
so now we got wp8 phones
and iphones
iphones is good for apps the battery lastes well and its advanteges
but it is over priced
i would recommend a lumia device like 620 or higher
they are great
INB4 14 days ban
You guys dont seem to remember that Im getting a contract upgrade, so the phones will be cheeper, as example a iphone 5 is only $100 for 16g
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
You guys dont seem to remember that Im getting a contract upgrade, so the phones will be cheeper, as example a iphone 5 is only $100 for 16g

Yeah 16gb Samsung S4 is $199, top of your budget but I'd recommend that.

edit:

Or a HTC One, I forgot to mention it. It is much more durable than the S4, but if you get a case on your S4 it doesn't matter.
Last edited by fpolac0198; Nov 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Hi. I used to play a couple years ago but I stopped because I sucked.
I'm back and I suck even more!
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post

Do your research man, currently the top five phones for battery life use Android.

Nokia phones do not last two months on a single charge if that's what you are implying.. Their batteries are usually inferior Android batteries. And iPhones do not last any longer than Android, the S4 has a pretty good battery in my opinion, and that's coming from somebody that's had an iPhone.

Nokia phones run off of Windows mobile operating system anyway, which will most likely never take off as nobody makes apps for it.
Android is taking over the market, it will most likely be the future of almost everything mobile.

So RAWWRH, here is a list of phones to check out depending on what you may interested in.

-Battery life

-Popularity

-Price

-Camera

-Balance

If I were you I'd snag up one of these bad boys on November 29th. (Black Friday, great sales)
Last edited by Aracoon; Nov 11, 2013 at 01:07 AM.