ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pokemon Black and White

Kinda ate up the last thread, apologies. Making this one all informative and stuff.

Pokémon Black Version (Japanese: ポケットモンスター ブラック Pocket Monsters Black) and Pokémon White Version (Japanese: ポケット モンスター ホワイト Pocket Monsters White) are the primary paired versions of the upcoming Generation V. They will be, like Generation IV's games, on the Nintendo DS.
The first of the new Pokémon to feature in these games, Zorua and Zoroark, were revealed on February 10, 2010 in CoroCoro magazine. The games' names were revealed on the official Japanese Pokémon website on April 9, and scans from the subsequent issue of the magazine were leaked on April 10. These scans revealed some of the graphical enhancements that will be featured in these games. There will be a higher level of 3D graphics than in previous games, as shown in some shots of the overworld. Initial sprites can be seen for Zorua, Zoroark, and the as-yet unnamed player characters.
In addition to the improved graphics, a number of aesthetic changes have been made from previous generations, including an altered battle scene, speech ballons for dialog, and a combined Pokémon Center and Poké Mart building.

You can read more here

Last edited by AlexOwnz; May 28, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
Back in my day...
to tell ya the truth, i think its rather strange.

kind of off topic i guess... but, i think its strange that they released the new version (HG-SS) In 2010, and already making preparations for this to be released in 2011. It seems like an awfully short gap between the 2...

But anyway... this looks pretty cool. The only reason I bought the DS was to play pokemon, so Im positive ill be playing this when it comes out...
Originally Posted by Unit247 View Post
to tell ya the truth, i think its rather strange.

kind of off topic i guess... but, i think its strange that they released the new version (HG-SS) In 2010, and already making preparations for this to be released in 2011. It seems like an awfully short gap between the 2...

But anyway... this looks pretty cool. The only reason I bought the DS was to play pokemon, so Im positive ill be playing this when it comes out...

I completely agree with everything you just said. It's also strange how gens 4 and 5 are on the same system, while all the others have been on different systems.
Can't wait. To believe that they say that HG/SS's graphics ar good. these have to be way better.
Offtopic: I challenge you to a battle, alex
yeah.... well.... Its probably because, they are releasing the new DSXL... so, they are releasing the game on the DS to make sure lots of people buy the new type of DS. My guess is that they make a new system shortly after this is released...

edit - why not me pieman ... jk :/ wutevs :/
I have a few questions about the game, Is there still going to be migration since the DSi isn't compatible with GBA games, also can you trade The new pokemon to 4th and below generations?
EDIT: Is the pokemart connected to the pokemon center?
Last edited by Daxx; Apr 13, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
the dsi isnt compatible with GBA games? r u sure?

and, Im guessing u cant trade em to lower generations... cus, there is no record of those pokemon in those generation games. So they wont recognize it. So.... im guessing you cant trade em to other generations...
Originally Posted by Unit247 View Post
the dsi isnt compatible with GBA games? r u sure?

Yeah theres no GBA slot on the DSi
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH