ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
May Art Express

Since Mrama's computer had a meltdown back in March and he's been unable to continue the monthly Art Express showcase, Oyster's gotten his blessing to continue the legacy!

So, here's Oyster's take on the Art Express, with a few added features.

This months' greatest artist is a tough one, and with so many great new artists on the forum it was a difficult decision.
However, for someone who's done so much for the community and his clan with not an ounce of selfishness, the Artist of The Month is 80J4N (Bojan)!

With his rough, raw and gritty drawing style, he captures the world of Toribash in his webcomic "R-I-F-T" in a stunning and evocative light
with impeccable artistry and suspenseful plot writing. He also creates textures and has another webcomic, Toriblush, that he makes for his clan (Piratez).

You can find more of his work on the Piratez forum in these threads:

R-I-F-T
TORIBLUSH

The shop of the month for May was a no-brainer. With a simultaneously fresh and retro layout and some seriously creative art, this months' best shop award goes to Alphasonik's Origins GFX Shop.

With a wide base of expertise including anime, robotic and a much-needed fresh breath of air to the tribal genre, Alphasonik draws on all three of these styles in a synthesis of truly great art. The image above is a link to the shop.
__________________________________________________ __

This month's best video is a toss-up between a new video-maker and a fan favorite.

Fargle's video Silico combines great music, great replays and a budding new video-maker.

Marco's Wars video is a masterpiece, combining Melmoth's Atmospheres script and great camwork, as well as a truly incredible and innovative 4-player replay made by Andreyoshi.

__________________________________________________ ________
Texture of the Month

In honor of Medieval Month, Pate5 created a truly epic texture that utilized
amazing detail, innovative use of tones and his standard, incredibly in-depth shading.

Art Express is written by Oyster
Works featured in Art Express belong solely to their owners.

Never been in the express before, thank you!

Always interesting to see who can do what.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Congratulations guys.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

I don't really agree on the video choices.. But it's a nice edition of the Art Express. Wouldn't say better than Mrama's, then again it's your first. Looking forward to the next one.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
yeah this seems to be a great month after i watched marco's video i sent it to like 1 friends XD yep thats how amazing it was bout the pete5 head its simply wonderfull <:O
[B]Herro! I am remidemi!
wewt way to go BOJAN!!! I knew it was only a matter of time! now for some rum to celebrate back on our ship!

The last head blew me away! good stuff!

Congrats everyone
Im a squirrel and I'm so awesome that my friend bought me Toriprime.
Thank you. It's made for you so enjoy it, I sure do enjoy drawing it for you , also, congratulation to other artists, Pate5 with his outstanding head texture, as I said: Perfection ( I envy u Pate5!!! ), also to Alphasonik (great shop) and video makers Fargle and Andreyoshi. . Just want to mention some of my co-workers on Rift: Murmayder and Galt for their help with my poor English grammar and spelling, Doubleboob for some of his backgrounds in the Gray Zone , and new artist Begotten who will have his showing soon with his splash-page... I hope I will involve lots of others into this project cause it is community stuff. Ones again - Thx!
Originally Posted by Bust3r View Post
I don't really agree on the video choices.. But it's a nice edition of the Art Express. Wouldn't say better than Mrama's, then again it's your first. Looking forward to the next one.

My thoughts, but thanks anyway I guess.
Grats to 8OJ4N, Marco and Pate5 too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]