Ranking
Original Post
Muting Someone's Kiai, Sound, etc.
Okay, this is plain and simple.

We should be allowed to mute people's kiai and hit sounds specifically. Some people make loud ones on purpose and it's annoying as fuck.

Please do something, I don't want to just turn my sound all the way down or leave the lobby.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Or maybe the devs could add a option to mute a players kiai/sounds.

the command could be like /mutesound <name>
Last edited by data; Jun 16, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I feel personally attacked by all of this but I can't help but laugh at the expense of your ears - for my ears have experienced far worse. If you didn't want to hear people's sounds, maybe you should consider not hitting them.

I made a similar thread to this one when sounds were first released (oh, what year was it...) in response to the abundance and widespread use of dubstep sounds and twelvie Kidz Bop kiais. And the suggestion I received was just because I was offended doesn't mean I was right. Some people subscribe to certain, distinct, tastes. This is particularly why I chose to use harsh noise as my genre of choice when searching for and creating hitsounds and kiais (and yes, harsh noise is a legitimate genre of music) . Matter of fact is: there's no sound quite more satisfying than the one that follows a series of screams. But that's just my own taste.

If you're annoyed by certain individuals' choices in sounds, chances are there's someone also quite annoyed by your own.

To each there own I suppose.

Besides, I believe that in this day and age, people should be fully capable of working a volume mixer. It's a free nifty feature that comes on your computer.
Last edited by visceral; Jun 16, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
You can just dl the person as someone else so then there noises dont play. But i do suport this because i dont like being ear raped (happens often)
anyway, having a ban on ear rape would involve defining ear rape - something that would likely lead to heated debate in the reports board.

There's definitely a way to set a maximum volume, and deny sound files based on it/ remake the sound file with a lower volume. Question would be whether we could do it, and whether we should, considering you can just turn down the game's volume.
Last edited by Slau; Jun 17, 2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: redacted

Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
I feel personally attacked by all of this but I can't help but laugh at the expense of your ears - for my ears have experienced far worse. If you didn't want to hear people's sounds, maybe you should consider not hitting them.

I made a similar thread to this one when sounds were first released (oh, what year was it...) in response to the abundance and widespread use of dubstep sounds and twelvie Kidz Bop kiais. And the suggestion I received was just because I was offended doesn't mean I was right. Some people subscribe to certain, distinct, tastes. This is particularly why I chose to use harsh noise as my genre of choice when searching for and creating hitsounds and kiais (and yes, harsh noise is a legitimate genre of music) . Matter of fact is: there's no sound quite more satisfying than the one that follows a series of screams. But that's just my own taste.

If you're annoyed by certain individuals' choices in sounds, chances are there's someone also quite annoyed by your own.

To each there own I suppose.

Besides, I believe that in this day and age, people should be fully capable of working a volume mixer. It's a free nifty feature that comes on your computer.

do you know how embrassed i was when i was playing toribash with my moms friends near me and your grip sound came on?
pls ban them

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

Do you have any idea the predicament I was in when playing at my overly strict Christian friend's house - when I was waiting in queue and then your "I'M MOTHERFUCKING SUNTHER" kiai came on?

Really, this idea of sound restriction isn't worth the hassle of implementation or the development of a clear-cut definition of 'earrape'.

Is it purely volume? If so, use a volume mixer and turn some sliders down.

Is it based on the genre or nature of the content of the sound? To each their own - learn to tolerate others' sounds for they have tolerated your own. Whatever it may be. Not everyone is going to like someone's set of sounds just as much as how much someone might not enjoy another's.

The problems many users are reporting here are within their own control to settle.
Easy fix.

type /lp 0 1 or /lp 1 1 depending on whether they are tori or uke

This will change their player model to the basic tori or uke, so no sounds will be played

1 is for uke and 0 is for tori
[Parrot]Static> God frosy, why is ur head texture so much better than mine... frosy> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
people they have to add speakers i mean microphone taking and it shoud be like a wisper when some one try to talk to you you will get a masseg in game to allow or no if they add
this feature it will be so so coool and it will be easy to play and talk for ones at least pleas add that pleas add.

people if you like what i ded say reply to it
-----
take my idea it is the best of all time
Last edited by omarsami; Dec 11, 2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yes, please. If I could play toribash without someone joining and busting my eardrums without warning that would be GREAT, thank you
bird up