ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Scamming ingame
Well this idea might seem stupid to some and i'm not really sure on it myself but i'll post anyway. Gms have different colour names as well as ops admins etc... So why not scammers as well?

I was thinking we could possibly make known scammers names red to warn people not to duel with them
( that is if they are not perma banned). I know you may say people will just use alts but anyone who
knows anything about dueling will not duel a low belt for high stakes without thinking it's some kind of alt,
and will more than likely ask who they are before dueling. If they don't say then you wouldn't duel them at
the risk of them being a red named account user ( scammer).

To become a "known scammer" you have to have been reported and proven of scamming
on the site, your account will be determined a known scammer, giving you a red name in game.

This is just an idea i'm open to any suggestions/criticism given.

------------------------------
And completly unrelated, just wondering if anything like this will ever come back?
Last edited by Snook; Jan 29, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Nice idea and good purpose,
this will decrease scammings, people just need to be aware of
low belts with good ranks
And when woukd this wear off?
If it was permanent, that would tag the player with "bad person". Imagine if you're trying to get into a clan but are rejected for something you did a year ago.
Besides, a scammer could just pick an alt and do it over again, and the red name could be false security.
Furthermore, how would people know what red names are? I didn't know what a GM was until i got on the forums.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
then maybe put it in his ip!
if his brother is playing or something he will tell us
then IP!
INB4 14 days ban
I'm strictly against that, it just would stigmatize players. Even if they was involved into many scams they should have the chance to show up that they changed. Such a stigma would make it nearly impossible for them.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Nice to see people are checking this out at least. As for how long they would last, maybe 1 month for first offense 3 months for 2nd etc.. ( same as ban length, it would be placed on to their account after they are unbanned unless it's perma of course).

I'm sure they would be able to change their ways after this and if they still have a red name after a few months then I doubt this will happen.

Any other issues on the idea?
-------------------------------
As for your statement about alts lazors, read the first post again and locate the part talking about alts.
Last edited by Snook; Jan 30, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Nice to see people are checking this out at least. As for how long they would last, maybe 1 month for first offense 3 months for 2nd etc.. ( same as ban length, it would be placed on to their account after they are unbanned unless it's perma of course).

As for your statement about alts lazors, read the first post again and locate the part talking about alts.

I don't agree, 3 scams gives you a red name for a month, after that an extention of 1 month per scam. That way you always have a chance to improve.
This red name should appear after the ban.

As for the alts section, i totally overlooked that. But there are also people with higher belt alts.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Right and those few people that have high belt alts as you say don't care if their main account is given a bad name? And about the 3 scams thing well that just makes people think "oh I can scam a few times but stop so I won't look bad". I believe the more strict we are on this issue the less chance of people scamming in the first place, and if they do scam that's their fault and they will be punished.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
This reminds me of how in the old days when someone committed adutery they had to wear a red "A" on their chest.

anyway, i dont think we need this :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<~[i]Assazin> I'm 12 years old
<~[i]Assazin> My butt is underdeveloped
<~[i]Assazin> ok ok
<~[i]Assazin> I'm actually 9
<Click>Patrickooo Acting His Age<Click>