ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Taekkyon Tourney
Or, at the very least, SOMETHING that isn't completely based on n00b luck.

Well, judo is *less* luck-based than twinswords, but if the opener rips off a limb or two, you're usually screwed. To make it worse, so many frames pass you can't do anything about half the kicks/punches thrown at you.

Alternatively, taekwondo, erthtk, or even aikido (which has a good amount of n00bs as well, but they can be countered if people know what they're doing.)

Anyways, I hope I don't sound like I'm raging, but a good deal of people agree with me. Hope you guys consider this.
I was in a TK server earlier. The same 2 people drew like 5 times. I can see this happening in a tourny too. ~not supported.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
I have no idea how they managed that, but I see your point, I suppose.

Maybe a mod that starts you off closer?
Originally Posted by Ujelly62 View Post
I have no idea how they managed that, but I see your point, I suppose.

Maybe a mod that starts you off closer?

100 frames, 180 engage distance. It isn't that hard to draw. Also a server full of 20 tourny participants would take too long. Tk isn't really made for tournys.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
Well, I almost never see draws, and I'm only playing a semipro server. If either person has even the slightest idea of what they are doing, I find there is a reasonably low rate of draws. If you have two kick-grabbers (or people who don't know what they're doing), there could be an issue, but I really haven't seen many draws. Then again, I haven't been playing tk too long, so I'm not really sure.

Again, maybe something closer would work better? Aikido?
the thing about taekkyon is that it takes a very long time for 1 game to end. With a server about 22 people its gonna take a very long time.

taeykon has been tourney before

So as aikido

lenshu

I think they will add it sooner or later anyway

~Neutral because this has been here before
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aikido should be added back because there are only two tourneys:
judo and twinsword that are based on luck and randomness.
Pig may be haxed
Exactly, Meowings.

I really want just about anything, taekkyon is just what came to mind. Also, JackerFx, some judo games take just as long. People hit each other and knock each other really far away from each other (or, worse, make no contact at all) and spend all that time just trying to move back to each other. If nobody disqualifies, it goes on for 15 space bar presses (I suppose that works as a measurement here.) In taekkyon, it's 12. Yeah, there are less disqualifications, but I'm just saying.

I think time isn't that big an issue for the amount of TC you get if you have the skill. Besides, you would have less new/unskilled players in it because it's too hard for them. But I suppose if I'm the only one who wants it, why bother. :/
Taekkyon should be added back.
<Squidooo> Everyone loves aquatic creatures right?
<[S]Orko> Of course