ES Recruitment Drive
Yes, they are post-apocalyptic novels set in Russia. The Metro games, Metro 2033 and Last Light were made and inspired after those novels.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Yes, they are post-apocalyptic novels set in Russia. The Metro games, Metro 2033 and Last Light were made and inspired after those novels.

Oh alright. I think the games were actually what I was thinking of. What's the story behind the novels though?
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
Originally Posted by rappunk23 View Post

@Uberis: What animes have you been watching?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/StompBox

This is my list so far. The list is really unorganized. And the rating aren't that accurate too. I just rate them out of enjoyment.

I guess my favorite ones are Angel Beats, Clannad Afterstory, Anohana and Steins gate. Most of them gave me feels and they probably have impacted my life somehow. After watching some of them I would even tear up hearing a soundtrack from them.

From not so serious ones I would recommend Nichibros and Prison school. I genuinely laughed a lot while watching them. They actually represent my group of friends really good. They are probably my favorites as I could relate a lot.
@Sicks: That's really awesome that you watch movies on a regular basis. I used to do that as well but have become quite preoccupied with life lately. What are your favorite movies?

Nacho Libre, Reservoir Dogs, The Cornetto Trilogy, Kill Bill, Machete, Battle Royal - a japanese movie, etc.
There might be more that I don't remember. :3
Originally Posted by Uberis View Post
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/StompBox

This is my list so far. The list is really unorganized. And the rating aren't that accurate too. I just rate them out of enjoyment.

I guess my favorite ones are Angel Beats, Clannad Afterstory, Anohana and Steins gate. Most of them gave me feels and they probably have impacted my life somehow. After watching some of them I would even tear up hearing a soundtrack from them.

From not so serious ones I would recommend Nichibros and Prison school. I genuinely laughed a lot while watching them. They actually represent my group of friends really good. They are probably my favorites as I could relate a lot.

Hell, that's a really huge list you have going there. I keep track of the films and tv shows I watch too. I'm quite fond of a handful of them that you have on your watched or plan-to-watch list. Thanks for sharing mate.

Also, I totally get what you mean about ratings. I personally avoid rating anything because my enjoyment of something tends to change depending on the mood I'm in. It's really, really subjective.

Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
Nacho Libre, Reservoir Dogs, The Cornetto Trilogy, Kill Bill, Machete, Battle Royal - a japanese movie, etc.
There might be more that I don't remember. :3

I really enjoyed Reservoir Dogs, but I've not watched Kill Bill or Machete. I've not heard of The Cornetto Trilogy or Battle Royal (what are they about?). As for Nacho Libre, that movie bothered me so much, but that might be because I was really nauseous when I watched it and I now associate it with a sweaty feverish feeling, ahah.
Cornetto Trilogy is actually a compilation of non-related movies which are Shaun of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. Story-wise there are no connection at all to each other. All the movies are played by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost though, and always feature a Cornetto ice cream, hence the name.

Battle Royal is an interesting one, based off manga of the same name, its about a group of students who are thrown into a remote island and have to kill each other to survive, each are given a weapon at random, some are useful like a gun, some are just outright useless, like a paper fan. All students also have an explosive collar attached, any attempt to leave the island or trying to forcibly remove the collar will trigger the explosive. The movie is released at 2000 if I remember correctly, it's quite gory at it's time.
Cornetto Trilogy is actually a compilation of non-related movies which are Shaun of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. Story-wise there are no connection at all to each other. All the movies are played by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost though, and always feature a Cornetto ice cream, hence the name.

Battle Royal is an interesting one, based off manga of the same name, its about a group of students who are thrown into a remote island and have to kill each other to survive, each are given a weapon at random, some are useful like a gun, some are just outright useless, like a paper fan. All students also have an explosive collar attached, any attempt to leave the island or trying to forcibly remove the collar will trigger the explosive. The movie is released at 2000 if I remember correctly, it's quite gory at it's time.

Oh my, I love those movies. I had no idea about the ice cream though.

That actually sounds incredibly interesting. Did they pull the idea off well?
Ninja'd me. What's the book series called? Also, is fantasy your favorite genre?

What are your favorite TV shows?

The Chronicles of the Free World. Something like that.

As for tv shows , my favourite one is Vikings. Do you know it ?
> Piratez
Oh my, I love those movies. I had no idea about the ice cream though.

That actually sounds incredibly interesting. Did they pull the idea off well?

Yep, the execute it very well, the portrayal of each character fits and the pacing is just right. Though like other movie adaptations, the manga offers a deeper characterization on each student. The movie only focus on the major ones, mostly on the students who managed to survive for long besides the protags.
Hell, that's a really huge list you have going there. I keep track of the films and tv shows I watch too. I'm quite fond of a handful of them that you have on your watched or plan-to-watch list. Thanks for sharing mate.

Also, I totally get what you mean about ratings. I personally avoid rating anything because my enjoyment of something tends to change depending on the mood I'm in. It's really, really subjective.

Which ones from plan-to-watch would you recommend? Haven't watched anything in a while.

Holy shit. I didn't know it was called like that. I watched Shaun of the dead and Hot fuzz. Really enjoyed those movies. Hot fuzz was more entertaining in my opinion. Is The World's end just as good as the others?

Battle royal sounds interesting. I might give it a try.