Ranking
Original Post
[Image Heavy]How to put your OWN MUSIC in Toribash
Your own music...in toribash!

Now then... In this tutorial, it will take you anywhere from 10~30 minutes for your first song in toribash.

Disclaimer

I am not responsible for anything bad that may happen as a result of this tutorial. I created this tutorial ON MY OWN! It isn't hard to do.

End Disclaimer

What you will need.
What you need is a trial version dBpoweramp, found at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

More specifically, you need this program: http://www.download.com/dBpoweramp-M...rt=dl-10042534
(Note, that is a direct download).

The file is about 4 mbits big.

Once that is done, you need to choose a song that is in mp3 format. For this tutorial, I am using Afroman - Colt 45 (Yes not the best song ever, but still I like it).

Highlight your song, and press control+c. The move to Toribash-(version here)\data\music

YOU WILL NOTICE, there is a file in there called track1. This is the default song, rename it to anything you want.
(please note: track1 in my picture, that is listed twice, is the song I chose as my default, I will have it renamed before posting my video).

Once it is there (as shown below):

Open up dBpoweramp BATCH Converter, not music converter.

On the right hand side you will see your hard drives, among other things. Go to your toribash folder and click the checkbox next to data\music
(note for idiots; click it next to music, not data...).
YOU will get 1 song your first time, I have four shown below, but I have the necessary codec that you will get in a second, however only afroman is selected.

Go to convert, and this will pop up:

Go down to ogg vorbis in the dropdown menu

(For this part, I have the codec so I am using a different one I need the codec for)

A message will pop up, asking if you want to DL the encoder for ogg vorbis, CLICK YES!

(Note: I'M DOWNLOADING FROM A DIFFERENT CODEC BECAUSE I HAVE OGG VORBIS, YOU NEED TO GET IT!)

You will be directed to this page; click the button that I have circled:

Once it finishes installing and you click the 'finish' button (you have to start it from the .exe) go back and click 'cancel' on the converter.

Now re-open the Batch Converter, reselect your file, and go to convert.

Select ogg vorbis, and KEEP EVERYTHING AS IT IS!

Press convert.

When it finishes it should look like this:

Press finished, and exit out of the program.

Now go to your toribash music folder, and you'll see a file there called (your song name).
Rename it to track 1.

Note: rename the ogg vorbis, not the mp3, the mp3 you can delete.

Now go into game, and turn on the music!

Note: if the file seems unreasonably small, it may be to big and can't be converted. I just realized that with afroman, so I'm using Stars and Boulevards by Augustana.

Thats it. The video will be posted. I just didn't want to be mean and leave ya'll without the other half.

Video:
Last edited by shiroun; Jul 7, 2008 at 05:02 AM.
How to change the background music in toribash

If you looked in the index and the rules you would have seen that this has already been done, and there is no need to replicate it. However, having said this, your tutorial is marvellous, and if i could i would award you with a medal. If you do a duplicate tutorial again I will give you the shifty eyes >.>

*Puts tutorial on index*
PARANDROID
If you dont want to go through all this crap, just set toribash to non=full screen mode and open a music file, then minimize it, and mute toribash
Aff you hack

[/offtopic]Heh heh....I see you have a hacks pack in your documents :3[/offtopic]

[/ontopic] Nice tutorial! I've never seen one of these before, and like to try it, to bad I'm lazy though.[/ontopic]
Wannabe Furry, Proud Co-Leader of Marine Force Recon, I'mma be gone for a while guys :(
that is a big tutorial but i doesnt work on my computer i says
Originally Posted by Sytem
this file is corupt or dameged. reinstalling way fix the proble

but it hasnt