ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[WIP] Krav Maga - In development
As SOME select of you may know, I am working on a realism mod. I decided to name it Krav Maga since that was the most realistic martial art I could find. It's all about doing enough damage and running away. (Toribash is minus the run away part) And assumes no quarter will be given. (Toribash exactly.)

So. Since this mod is not even in alpha testing for all I care... (Build version 0.4) I cannot dislodge much info.

The main bits is:

1: No dismemberment. Only fracture. And even that is harder under normal Toribash rules.

2: Faster movement and higher gravity.

3: changed ranges to suit real life flexibility.

4: Triceps cannot be hurt (Unverified) and can be used for blocking. (If you actually manage that.)

5: A unique DQ system.

6: different gamerules to suit the new style.

7: Full modability (What mod/e doesn't have that anyway?) and cleanly written code for easily combining in other mods.

8: Should work in version 3.2 as well as 3.3

9: Different sized body parts. Such as fatter triceps and longer hands.

10: Developed by trial and error. No calculations or worldbuilder involved.

I hope this post does not violate any rules but I did not find any rule against posting a teaser post or at least a progress post.

A fully fledged open beta will be available sometime June.

I already have several testers and hosts that are willing to test / host my mod.

If you would like to apply for alpha testing PM me. But it will only be granted for people I already deemed trustworthy.

If you would like to host this on your server you gotta wait for the open beta. But telling me that you will be hosting it means you are officially sanctioned by me. Modding it in any way will remove sanctioning. You may mod it freely. Just mention that I developed the original mod.

All servers / hosts that are sanctioned by me will be paid a small (Read: VERY small) Fee. Look at this way. At least you're getting SOMETHING.

If need be, don't delete but move to wibbles. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Yanlin; May 29, 2008 at 07:45 PM.
yeah its sounds pretty cool
realistics are pretty fun, it makes the fights much better
for the martial art style it sounds pretty simple, but i still prefer the two styles: kungfu toa and hapkido
If you suddenly get :Pwned by a green beast, and you don't know what hit you, you know it's me!
Sounds very cool! You hereby have permission to pm me with any questions you may have.
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Thanks, dude...
(And no, not really... I just said it so you wouldn't hesitate if you had a question)
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
sounds like it would be easier to make with a script tbh.
:D