Toribash
Original Post
Your opinion on today's pop music
I want your opinions.
Personally, a lot of it I really don't like.
No disrespect to people who love pop music, it's just that I prefer songs with meaning. Nowadays, the tracks you hear on the radio sound so repetitive with the same "I love you, let's put our hands up and party" lyrics.

The pop genre is great, I just don't like what artists are doing to it these days.
a spoon.
im not a fan of pop music because its only popular for one reason in the past few years:
Image nothing else.there was a time when the pop music was appreciated for being good music.now it seems the artist that does the most fucked up / shocking thing , has the best scandal gets all the attention for being an horrible person.
this is my opinion and i know people wont agree with it but thats how i see it.
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Today's majority of pop music is pretty bad and of low quality in my opinion. However, there are still amazing pop artists out there who are active. For example: Adele, Lily Allen (released new single!), Shakira (released new single!), Stromae and so on.

I do however love the older pop music made from 1980 to 2005 or so.
Nena, Blondie, No Doubt, Shakira, Destiny's Child, the old skool Beyoncé etc.
@pwn
I completely agree. One of the saddest parts is it corrupts people's minds, especially young teens, making them think what these pop stars do is "cool."

@dilara
True, there are still people who are actually worthy to be called artists. Let's just hope they stay that way.
a spoon.
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Today's majority of pop music is pretty bad and of low quality in my opinion. However, there are still amazing pop artists out there who are active. For example: Adele, Lily Allen (released new single!), Shakira (released new single!), Stromae and so on.

I do however love the older pop music made from 1980 to 2005 or so.
Nena, Blondie, No Doubt, Shakira, Destiny's Child, the old skool Beyoncé etc.

opinions are opinions... I guess...
~
most of the time, pop music makes me want to vomit. it's either about 'love' (which is a term heavily overused by artists who believe the word means sex, etc) or 'parties' (which annoy the hell outta me). I can't stand that shit. sure, people ask for respect on their choice of music, but you have to question them. it's insane.

I really do think that the media has corrupted people's minds. Perhaps, everyone has been taken to a brainwashing facility! That would make a lot more sense.
Last edited by MintCat; Jan 14, 2014 at 09:59 AM.
People can like whatever music they want to like. It just kinda pisses me off that what they like is the repetitive, meaningless, overrated garbage sung by Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, and all those other little fucks.

Another thing that pisses me off is that most of these singers don't even write their own shit. They do nothing that involves the making of the song lyrics, and some do very little. Just enough to get their names on the writers list.

When the King of Pop passed away, his kingdom went to shit.
a spoon.
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
opinions are opinions... I guess...
~

Yes, but I'm just pointing out some artists I think are pretty talented compared to the artists that have the bigger spotlights at the moment for example Robin Thicke, Cyrus, Lady gaga (She has a talent for being a weirdo) and so on.
-----
Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
People can like whatever music they want to like. It just kinda pisses me off that what they like is the repetitive, meaningless, overrated garbage sung by Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, and all those other little fucks.

Another thing that pisses me off is that most of these singers don't even write their own shit. They do nothing that involves the making of the song lyrics, and some do very little. Just enough to get their names on the writers list.

When the King of Pop passed away, his kingdom went to shit.

But wait, Lil Wayne already quit and Justin Bieber is going to quit right? So that's 2 fucks less. The very big pop artists that probably don't even come up with their own lyrics are just being used as a muppet to make money. Wear this, sing that, act like this.
Last edited by Dilara; Jan 14, 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Yes, but I'm just pointing out some artists I think are pretty talented compared to the artists that have the bigger spotlights at the moment for example Robin Thicke, Cyrus, Lady gaga (She has a talent for being a weirdo) and so on.
-----

But wait, Lil Wayne already quit and Justin Bieber is going to quit right? So that's 2 fucks less. The very big pop artists that probably don't even come up with their own lyrics are just being used as a muppet to make money. Wear this, sing that, act like this.

yeah yeah, I don't know why I said that. I get ya!
~
lil wayne quit? hah, I hadn't even noticed x3
I think the Bieber rumour is false. It's what most people wish, but it ain't happening.
Last edited by MintCat; Jan 14, 2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: hah, reasoning...
Pop is mainly what I listen to. That being said, I don't like most of the latest pop.