Toribash
Original Post
[Art Job] SteamPunk ART!!! - seeking co-lab

Yes, as you can read on the headline this is not just design event, I am seeking to find someone to work with me on the art for card game that I have invented, and preparing for presentation with my friend Snake, to show it to some game company.

I would also like to find some coders that know some program language that can make games to work in web browser. It is a 2D multiplayer card game which will be free-to-play, with the option to buy cards, advance through levels and stuff like that. Since the idea is totally original I won't share any more info about it then it's needed. If you can code contact me on [email protected]

Now back to the event part:

OBJECTIVE OF THE EVENT

Read what is needed to draw and submit your work. Event will last for 3 weeks from today.
Draw all 3 images described below, but only one of those 3 should be finished work (inked, colored, painted). For that image do your best. It must be drawn on 1000x1300 pixels digital canvas in 300 dpi resolution , and then re-sized to 380x494 pixels keeping the same 300 dpi rez.

Use this image that I have posted as some kind of a basis of the quality I seek. But don't concern yourself with the style of drawing. As a matter of fact, I need some different style of art to have some diversity in card deck.
The setting is STEAMPUNK, so adopt to that. If you don't know what the SteamPunk is, go Google.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DRAW:

1. Siege machine called Steam-powered Ballista. Make it bulky, like a WW I tank, with tank track or some kind of metal wheels, with Victorian age decorations, and steam engine. Use imagination.

2. Some kind of a defensive machine called Magnetic Barrier. Imagine what kind of a device that would be, and how would it look.

3. Big steampunk robot called Guard-o-tron R100. It should have large armor plates on body, rivets, lots of gears and stuff like that. Mechanical nightmare of the Victorian age. Use imagination.

One of this images must be finished art like the image I provided. Rest of them must be sketches. I want to see your painting skill and how good your imagination is. Good luck.

PRIZES:

First Place: Full Beetle
Second Place: Shaman Force
Third Place: Hot Pink Relax

If I find someone who can do this I'll contact him after the event, in the mean time have fun doing some art.
If you have some questions, ask.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Feb 6, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Our goal is to make this into web browser game, so... It will definitively need some interface and gui.
Sketchs

c

idk

or

1000x1300

---

Last edited by VitieK; Feb 13, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Neither of the parts on robot makes any sense what so ever both to function and logic
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
I hope you were looking for something like that. It's made with pencil, I'm still gonna ink and color it digitally.

Texturing tutorial
No requests please
Perfect Pate5, great work with details!
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
You should totally never again make a head texture and start doing that.

Only dislike the steam and dust, looks bad.
Alive.

But, so far, only ViteK has done the job to the letter (make one image in full color and two sketches of other machines), and I don't approve 1 submit - 1 winner kind of events. No competition at all.
I'll rather close it.

In time...