people playing: 81, servers online: 29, games played: 139,745,840 Top Player: deoxer

  Toribash Community » Toribash » Suggestions & Ideas
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 12, 2018   #1
chab
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,054



1024x1024 ground texture
costs 200k torishop price
do it. make it happen.

the details on 512x ground are pixelated and it sucks when you can't see those small details that make it pop!

if this isn't implemented, I will be anger.
chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #2
Haluejah
NON-EXISTING!
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 473
Clan: Vector



I mean, I like the idea, but why?
I don't think it'll be a great implementation, if only a few people would buy it, if something's getting added as an item, it needs to me something cool that spikes everyone's interest and somewhat can be affordable easily, because not everyone has 200k laying around.
Haluejah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #3
chab
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,054



think about the item, it's 1024px. only people who really want it will buy it. otherwise, just stick with the 512x grounds or lower.

the main idea of the ground is mentioned above which is making the pictures on the ground look more detailed and not pixelated. pretty sure this will look good in-game and make people more interested to buy this item. heck, why not sell for USD and even make it a limited stock/collection item? that'll be much better.
chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #4
Wounder
NON-EXISTING!
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 861



i'd gladly pay more for a higher quality texture, not sure if it'd work as well as i'm hoping though.
Wounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #5
l0lix
Senior Member
 
Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,192



It's a Nice idea but it will be REALLY espensive (stupidly expensive if u think about the "Reta is love" item), could be cool but too expensive for almost all the regular users

As u said "like a collection item", it would be scary, if u have a collection item with no restock it means only on thing,
(Insert confeti here)ULTRA OVERPRICE(Insert confeti here)

Just look at the blood vodka, it was being selled for around 200k and its an useless item

Like haluejah said "not everyone has 200k laying around"

It could cost USD but it means the same thing with the collection item thing

Sorry for my bad english.
KAPPA
l0lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #6
chab
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,054



Originally Posted by l0lix View Post
It's a Nice idea but it will be REALLY espensive (stupidly expensive if u think about the "Reta is love" item), could be cool but too expensive for almost all the regular users

As u said "like a collection item", it would be scary, if u have a collection item with no restock it means only on thing,
(Insert confeti here)ULTRA OVERPRICE(Insert confeti here)

Just look at the blood vodka, it was being selled for around 200k and its an useless item

Like haluejah said "not everyone has 200k laying around"

It could cost USD but it means the same thing with the collection item thing

Sorry for my bad english.

dude did you even read my response?

I agree with wounder. like I said, this item is only going to be owned by people who will pay for a higher quality texture. if you don't want a very high quality ground then stick with 512x or lower. you're not forced to buy this item if you don't have the money lol.
chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #7
Wounder
NON-EXISTING!
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 861



also all items are expensive when they first come out, takes a while for their prices to lower. just look at cyborg
Wounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2018   #8
Hypersaint
Senior Member
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,178



Originally Posted by HIKOU View Post
I'm all for implementing this. Will be hard tho

Not really. Unity can support high res texture I'm pretty sure but the real question is if the forums are capable of handling a bunch of 1024 textures.
Eventually they'll run out of space.
Hypersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2018   #9
chab
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,054



Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
Not really. Unity can support high res texture I'm pretty sure but the real question is if the forums are capable of handling a bunch of 1024 textures.
Eventually they'll run out of space.

I don't think adding 1024x photos will be hard to add nor will it make the forum "run out of space" when this item will be only used by people who are paying more for a better texture.
chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2018   #10
Hypersaint
Senior Member
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,178



Originally Posted by chab View Post
I don't think adding 1024x photos will be hard to add nor will it make the forum "run out of space" when this item will be only used by people who are paying more for a better texture.

Well this was the reason for 256x256 and 512x512 bumpmaps not to be added iirc.
Hypersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game