Toribash
Original Post
Selling my Mac
Hey I am selling my oldish apple mac book to my brother, it works perfectly fine except some bad con's which I will explain in a minute. He said he would buy it off me for $160 AUD.

2.0 Ghz
2GB Ram
120gb hard drive
Thats all I can remember about it's details.

PROS:
- Operational
- Satisfying speed
- Photoshop (Illegal version)
- A few internet browsers
- More

CONS:
- Disk drive doesn't work (Will eat whatever you put inside it then spit it out)
- A few scratches
- Only about 70gb left of space (Unless I reboot the system)
- Needs a new charger (About 10 - 30 AUD on Ebay)

What do you think the price for this should be?
hi.
No, my friend Leaph (friend irl aswell) gave me it for free without a recovery disk, he only gave it to me for free because he is awesome and quite wealthy (That was needed so you knew it wasn't a crap computer given for free).
hi.
As you know Umbre I am not all that good with mac books or laptops, but to be honest that sounds like an alright computer. The only con that really sticks out to me is the broken disk drive. I couldn't really put a price on it because of my previous statement, but that should be worth a bit more than $160. Since it's got some alright specs.

If you want an accurate answer I suggest finding a computer with the same sort of specs on google and get the price of that, then find a disk drive (preferably related to the one you have) and get the price of that. After doing that just minus the amount of the disk drive to the computer, reduce a small amount you think is decent for the amount of scratches. And maybe take away 10 bucks because of the space, although he can delete it. But that would be his time, so that's why I suggest the -10 dollars. After all of that you should have the price it is really worth, but since he is your brother, you might put a little discount. But that depends on the relationship, lmao. So yeah, that's my opinion. But you will probably get better answers than this one. Good luck with finding the right amount.

Oh and I forgot the charger, also just delete the 10-30 bucks from the end result. Another good luck to you friend. o7
Last edited by Oimanoi; Apr 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
I would just give it to him, since he's your bro.

Anyway, $160 is fine...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."