ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
GIMP 2.8 texturing problem
Hey, so I'm about an hour through working on my thigh textures and I wanted to see how they were coming along. I know how to preview my textures in Toribash with /lp but I don't know how to disable RLE compression in GIMP. I've searched up on how to disable it, but there is no checkbox that toggles RLE compression in the save menu. Does anyone know how to disable RLE compression in GIMP?
Is the forum telling you to use an image that doesn't use RLE compression when you try to upload it? If so, what image type are you trying to upload?
Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Jul 5, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Try exporting the image to different filetypes (.png, .jpg, .gif, etc) and see what works. If you originally have it as a jpeg, try something else. jpeg has RLE compression on by default, so that my be your problem.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
That's odd. I tried to save it as .tga, a popup came up and brought me to the extension log. I tried to save it as a .png, and then a popup came up and asked if I wanted to save the file as a .tga, along with a checkbox toggling RLE compression. I put the l_thigh.tga in my toribash preview folder, started up toribash, and did /lp 0 preview in freeplay mode. I've waited a minute and the texture is not showing.
I'm not entirely sure then. I never save files as tga and I still use 2.6. you might have something weird enabled on your GIMP. If anyone else could help him with this, it would likely be greatly appreciated.
File>Export as...> ( go to the toribash custom folder and create a folder named " test " ) > name it " head.tga "

Open up toribash, go to SP mode.

type:

/lp 1 test
- The texture is seen on uke
or
/lp 0 test
- The texture is seen on tori

- - - -

Did you go to..

File>SAVE AS... instead of File>EXPORT AS... ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
File>Export as...> ( go to the toribash custom folder and create a folder named " test " ) > name it " head.tga "

Open up toribash, go to SP mode.

type:

/lp 1 test
- The texture is seen on uke
or
/lp 0 test
- The texture is seen on tori

- - - -

Did you go to..

File>SAVE AS... instead of File>EXPORT AS... ?

I know how to test the textures, and I did all those exact things. My only problem is that RLE compression is off, I've named the files appropriately, but it's not working.