Ranking
K, back to chess.

Like I said I used to play it online a lot but why is it that all these 'advanced' chess games don't include moves like the el passant?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
K, back to chess.

Like I said I used to play it online a lot but why is it that all these 'advanced' chess games don't include moves like the el passant?

It's called "En Passant."
I used to play a lot of chess in the old days. It was nothing but darkness, starvation and lots and lots of chess to pass the time.
I've been away for so long, I've probably degraded to a simple woodpusher.(Chess terminology for noob.)
Last edited by Guv_na; Sep 11, 2008 at 12:32 PM.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooopsy! Just goes to show how long ago it was I last played! :s

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
If I had the time outside of care work, kids & torivid making I'd jump at the chance. :s

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
yeah, honestly the only reason I was able to start playing again is that I have an hour break between my classes.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Hm, I'm going to start up playing. I used to play a lot. My strategy involves pusing up one/both sides (different variations), and crushing in on the center. It leaves me vulnerable if I'm not careful, but I can generally use my bishops to hold the sides + supplement my middle pincer-thing.
Hmm, i havn't played chess in a while, if anyone wants to play a game just pm me with your msn and we could play c:
And deady, that opener goes against the "control the center" strategy everyone uses, and you could easily get mated, basicly flip that inside out and you got something really good, like a pyrimid..
the god
control the center? Honestly I have never really done any sort of research, or even talking about chess before. With that open though the bishops and knights protect the king and queen. Like I said, it doesnt a;ways work...But what do you mean culapou?
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Most openers/players seek to control the center. IMO, it's easier to skirt along the edges with an attack, even if it leaves you somewhat vulnerable.