Toribash
Like the guy with the "Acept jesus christ and get a free playstation 2" avvy..fucking hate him.
TC for sale/ Buying TC. PM me! :)
Originally Posted by Hardy512 View Post
Like the guy with the "Acept jesus christ and get a free playstation 2" avvy..fucking hate him.

who wants a ps2 anyway, But yes I don't think "Jesus" would want you shoving his religion on other people
I'm Back Baby
Originally Posted by madpen View Post
who wants a ps2 anyway, But yes I don't think "Jesus" would want you shoving his religion on other people

Uhmm, yes he would. His whole purpose is to convert other people to that religion.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Mockery has its place in the battle of ideas, whether it be politics, philosophy, science, or what have you. Some is lighthearted, some very malicious.

Most people today still maintain this archaic (and highly questionable) assumption that 'religious beliefs' are somehow elevated above other beliefs, and entitled to automatic respect, no matter how tragically unsubstantiated they may be by scientific evidence. Why? Old habits die hard, it seems.

Also, I judge not all religious icons are the same. Buddha may seem like a pretty swell chap, but then someone like Yahweh is malevolent, self-centered, whimsical, and vengeful. Not a role model I'm likely to respect.
Most people blaspheme because it's a part of today's colloquial language e.g. "Oh my God!" or "Jesus that hurt!".
They don't mean to insult the religion, it's just how society has evolved.

Other people who say things like "Fuck religion" or "Fuck [insert deity here]" are usually just attention seekers or assholes looking for trouble.
Why do people think its cool to insult and mock :Jesus,God,buda,12 gods of olympus?
Plz tell me cause it pisses me off!

i don't think anyone actually believes in that anymore
pennis and also dicke and balls
They do it simply because they think its funny, just like any other stupid and immature joke people come up with
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Edit: Btw I clicked this thread thinking, please don't mean blasphemy, please don't mean blasphemy, please don't mean blasphemy, Awwww he did mean blasphemy.

Wait, this thread isn't about blowing up pigs?

---

Some people are only stowing away on the atheistic bandwagon thinking their pretty cool shedding old-fashioned beliefs in favor of science. In that way, they're not different from some religious beliefs.

Anyway, long story short, as God said, but I'll paraphrase: "DURHUR RELIGIOUS L0SSERZZZ PFFTHTHTPHT"
I'm an Atheist because I haven't found religion that suits my Beliefs
I'm Back Baby
Why do people think its cool to insult and mock :Jesus,God,buda,12 gods of olympus?
Plz tell me cause it pisses me off!

What, no love for the Norse gods?

I don't see anything wrong with people with people mocking religious deities, it's the same with every other crazy belief; if it isn't mocked how will people know it's a joke?
Last edited by Hippybob; May 11, 2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I R IRONMAN