Ranking
Original Post
[mus] AOTY (Album of the Year)
/mu/fag here. Surprised nobody's made this thread yet. So what's everyone's album of the year so far? Below are a few of mine. To make things all neat and organised, if you're going to contribute, follow the format that I'm using.

The Antlers - Burst Apart (indie 'rock')
Worse than Hospice but better than most other shit released this year. Strongly recommend them to anyone looking for some chill music.

Death Grips - Exmilitary (fucking intense hip hop)
Relatively new band, their lead singer has so much energy and pizzazz. Give a listen to their song 'Klink' on youtube from them. Some like it, some don't. It's hard to explain. Badass.

Yuck - s/t (90's-esq rock)
Yuck's debut self titled album sounds like it's inspired by so very many late 80's, early 90's alt rock bands. It's a solid, catchy album.

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake (Alt rock/folk)
She's that girl that won that Mercury Prize 10 years ago. Anyone remember? Anyways, this album is rhythmic, occasionally chilling and she delivers constantly brilliant vocals.

Radiohead - King of Limbs (Alt rock)
Blah blah blah, I know. I found it shit at first too, but with repeated listen it's really just grown on me. It makes me wanna dance.

So yeah, feel free to contriboot.

inb4 Goblin

mbdtf (my beuatiful dark twisted fantasy)-kanye west

the BEST album of the year. all of the songs are amazing. thx u taylor swift for winning the vma awards to make kanye make this album
Have you ever wondered what a pink waffle would look like? http://*******/NfTqyv
He's talking about 2011, not 2010.

Anyway, OP, why can't Goblin be my AOTY so far? Tyler is a lyrical genius. Did you not listen to Radicals?
Album:Bon Iver
Artist:Bon Iver
Genre:Indie

Maybe it isn't better than Forever Emma,Forever ago.But,I still haven't listened to it as much,it hasn't even been released yet.

Album: Kaputt
Artist: Destroyer
Genre:Indie

80's rock,quality songs like suicide demo for kara walker,and bay of pigs.

Album:James Blake
Artist:James Blake
Genre:Electronica

Not the mainstream electronica you'd here,he has a unique style.Described as dubstep.Still at the age of 21,he's creating wonders with songs like "Limit to your love","Give me my Month back".

Album:Oneirology(scientific study of dreams)
Artist:Cunninlynguists
Genre:Hip-Hop/Rap

Well,the album cover is epic enough to speak for itself ;p

That's enough for now,I guess.
Last edited by William; May 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
Originally Posted by up2u View Post
He's talking about 2011, not 2010.

Anyway, OP, why can't Goblin be my AOTY so far? Tyler is a lyrical genius. Did you not listen to Radicals?

Not sure if troll? Tyler's a complete joke, man. 'Maybe' his first lp was decent, but Goblin, in comparison is pretty terrible.

Originally Posted by William View Post

Album:Oneirology(scientific study of dreams)
Artist:Cunninlynguists
Genre:Hip-Hop/Rap

Well,the album cover is epic enough to speak for itself ;p

That's enough for now,I guess.

Yeah, i've listened to thos other ones too, all were great, especially Destroyer's. I'm on my iPad right now, but when I get back on I'll edit all of these into the first post, make this some sort of megathread or something.

Oh yeah, if you haven't already, download Glowbug's debut(?) lp, it's on his website. It's pretty fantastic.

Originally Posted by Rutten View Post
Not sure if troll? Tyler's a complete joke, man. 'Maybe' his first lp was decent, but Goblin, in comparison is pretty terrible.

I picked the stupidest song on the entire album for a reason.
KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL repeated forty times does not make a song.
Odd Future is horrible.
Grails - Deep Politics, Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol.2: Judges, Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues and Radiohead - TKoL are the only ones I've liked this year.

Cage The Elephant's new album and Destroyer - Kaputt had some good songs too.
Last edited by Nightin; May 30, 2011 at 05:19 PM.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
RA fag here

Not their best album, but I like it more than Appeal to Reason.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Alright, serious post.

tUnE-yArDs - W H O K I L L

This album was all over the place. Bizness was my favorite track.
Some of the more obscure stuff that was released this year that 'ought to be getting more publicity;

Wye Oak - Civilian
Shoegazey, occasionally lo-fi indie dreampop. Listen to the title track. Mind 'splodes. Other good songs on this album include Dog Eyes, The Altar and Fish.

The Raveonettes - Raven in the Grave
Again, shoegazey and lo-fi, but in a completely different direction that Wye Oak. Think wall of sound, sort of like The Smiths (and, on some tracks, Joy Division). Most of their other work are EP's, but they are always top notch.

Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide
Lo-fi indie rock at it's finest. The whole overall tone of this album is depressing, but Matt (the singer) masks with his contrasting upbeat voice. Most of the songs on this album are short, and some of the sounds bleed into another due to the whole lo-fi vibe, but regardless, still a great listen. Also, it's available for free from Coma Cinema's website (along with their other lps).