Toribash
Original Post
Best texture making programme?
Please help? GIMP is shit.. Whos knows any? Make sure they are free. And do not cost. CHEERS!
I'm one of those people you don't want to mess with...
A good artist can make good art in any program. There are plenty of guys out there using GIMP or mspaint or paint.net or some other terrible program.

Obviously PS CS is the best program, but if you work hard and practice it doesn't matter.
A shit artist with a good program won't beat a good artist with a shit program.
For me I'd say either paint.net or GIMP as both of them are equally good programmes.
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!
Meh, Photoshop is the best for me, lots of possibilities
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
I support what Pig says, I make textures for my computer game characters and models for college and I use whatever program I have at my disposal.
Obviously Photoshop is the best thing you have going in terms of software, but if you're not that great at making textures, I wouldn't bother going through the hassle to get hold of PS and just use something like Paint.NET

Painting onto UV Maps is easy after a while of practice
Maybe you're just being a bit impatient with gimp. Gimp is just as good as any version of PS above 7.0 and the interface is basically the same.
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
If you want something good for free, take GIMP or PAINT.NET.
You think GIMP is bad? Stick with MS paint.
f=m*a syens