Toribash
Original Post
[Wri]10 phases meditation
Toribash is the ONLY video game i have encountered in my 30 years of life that QUALIFIES as an authentic Martial Art.
NO other video game encompasses the visible essence of martial arts and so Toribash deserves a Martial Arts Application meditation technique.

I've written a short story based on the 10 phases of mental and energetic rooting.

Enjoy:

Short Story:

http://rjthorwip.blogspot.com/2013/1...ort-story.html
-----

Toribash community has grown and matured significantly over the years, and i am happy to see these improvements.

I can remember once upon a time, playing devil's advocate and placing the mirror up to the face of immaturity... oh, i think my exact words were "Wibbles reform" actually

But today, the forum looks much more respectful than 6 years ago.
Today, i see professional conduct in the servers beyond the likes of the old days.

The skills have grown, and techniques are improving.

So i think it is most appropriate in time to share meditation with the Toribash Community.

I cannot do for you, that which you do for yourself.

But i can share methods.

If i am not mistaken, the mathematical equation for Toribash Contortion possibilities is 4^20 (4^20)^4 per-turn.

That comes to 1,099,511,627,776 erh i got an error message from my calculator: 1.4615016373309029182036848327163e+48 Which is 1,099,511,627,776^4, so that's way above trillions... trillions times trillions TIMES trillions TIMES TRILLIONS of different contortions per turn.
That's one trillion, ninety nine billion, five hundred eleven million, six hundred twenty seven thousand, seven hundred seventy six possible openers.

And im not even considering the inertial factorization AFTER each turn is executed!!!

BY GOD this is a brilliant game!!!
Last edited by Moop; Oct 3, 2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: mathematical correction; [Wri] correction
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
i love your dedication to the game, for staying after all of there years, and for taking the time to write this story for all of us I seldom see a [wri] thread here, so i'm happy to see one yet again
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by DomDoDm60 View Post
Nice . But dat short story is soooo long

Yeah, that is what i noticed too... the beginning and ending are the most important parts, but have no relevance without the 2-9 steps in between

Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
i love your dedication to the game, for staying after all of there years, and for taking the time to write this story for all of us I seldom see a [wri] thread here, so i'm happy to see one yet again

I'm grateful, very much so!

It's an astonishing genre of game. unique, and i know of no other like it.

gotta check out my replays while you're at it! haha
Last edited by SuicideDo; Oct 1, 2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add quote and reply
glad to see dedication from an older member.
great read and i showed my irl friends the math you did to explain a good reasoning on why i love this game so much as well.
great job man.
-----
and youre from washington... <3.
cannabis<3
Last edited by Ocean; Oct 2, 2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It's a genuine thrill to contribute to Toribash.

Don't know why I get such a kick out of it, but this thread is also a great example; y'all show that ya appreciate it as much as I enjoy it!!!

Is there an organization on Toribash that is dedicated to the Philosophy of Martial Arts Theory?

Toribash may well be the only video game i have ever encountered that can qualify as being an authentic martial art in and of itself.

Making Progress...
Originally Posted by Hibrid202 View Post
Nice post Suicide you didn't lie when you told me it was gonna become something big

wow, and this is your first post on the forums?? !!! lol

Thanks! You've barely even scratched the surface of how big it really is