Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Do we want the "academy" to be for prospective members/newbies or something for our members?

I think the academy's purpose should be to teach players how to do real moves. It shouldn't be like tiers because tiers was pretty pointless when you think about it; all it was really for was to show off our skills, which we all got tired of after a while. The purpose should be to help other players do real moves, and it'll be our job as members of team aikido to help them.

Also, I very much like the format of the leg grab attack tutorial way better than the format of the basic hip throw tutorial. Maybe it'd seem more organized if they followed the same structure. By this I mean showing a gif of a specific irl technique and then explaining and demonstrating how it's done in toribash.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
It would be most beneficial for new members but it also helps more experienced players like our own to explore new styles. this is sort of why the technique list was re-arranged the way it is so everything is connected.
-----
the main goal is to teach new moves, real moves, to players who have never tried them before.

teachers and tutorials will provide instruction
then the player drills the move on static Uke and scripted Uke
the player should then try to train with a friend or TA member.
finally move to trying the technique in quick aikido
and when they are comfortable they should be using it in competitive tourneys, duels, wars, etc.
-----
similar to irl skill development:
1. instruction
2. drilling
3. flow rolling/sparring
4. live rolling/sparring
5. applying in competition
Last edited by footlox; Apr 17, 2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
The scripted uke sucks ass. Here's what we need:
What if we made a mod where it's aikido, except there's no points and when someone dqs somebody, the match ends as a draw. The point of this would be to have something for players to actually drill moves on other real players and feel a little resistance, but still be able to work through the technique.

Since every match will end in a draw, it takes the competitive aspect away from the play and encourages friendly and productive drilling instead. We are all pretty competitive when it comes to playing aikido, and nobody here likes losing, but with nothing to lose from being dq'ed (every match ending in a draw), we'll be able to drill moves instead of just beating the shit out of eachother every time. Ego will no longer be a factor.

Basically it's a mod for players to drill in without having to worry about winning or losing.
That's a good idea. You could work on that. If its possible i think you still keep points displayed for measuring striking power but the match always ends in a draw. .

If you can work on that I'll make a better training script for Uke. Basically a copy of the opener script but with 20+ opens that are actually used by really players.
Toribash Martial Artists
I think this is sode tsurikomi goshi
-----
I'm on my school wifi right now, and for some reason it doesn't let me edit the OP of threads.
Attached Files
hip throw13.rpl (46.4 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Apr 18, 2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
dude thats perfect. thank you.
Toribash Martial Artists
Here's the drilling mod. It needs some testing before we can make it official.
Attached Files
ta_drilling_test.tbm (8.6 KB, 3 views)
aikido legtherwd combo ouchi Gari replay?
aikido lockdownbn 2343 post denial before post develops
aikido snatch23432 taking the post away via grabbing.
if i find cleaner ones I'll post them. how do you guys organize your replays?
Attached Files
aikido legtherwd.rpl (38.5 KB, 3 views)
aikido lockdowbn2343.rpl (40.6 KB, 4 views)
aikido snatchw23432.rpl (46.7 KB, 3 views)
I don't really organize my replays well either, but I rename them after I'm done playing so they're easier to find.
that was like a uchi mata gari. fierce.
Toribash Martial Artists