ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Game freezes every 3 sec for 2 sec
Hello, some time ago I made thread about this problem(http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=24041).

I haven't played Toribash much because of this.

So, my game freezes for 2 sec every 3 sec when it is downloading textures etc. I always have to wait for it to complete and it usually takes about 10 min. I am 100% it is not because of my computer specs. It is because of my internet or firewall. I don't know. I have tried to disable my firewall but it doesn't help. Only if I disconnect from internet it works but then I can't play online or see other players colors and textures. It worked perfectly when I had XP.

Here is video about it

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Try disconnecting from the internet before you start Toribash.

If it works smoothly, it means that Toribash freezes because it's updating the players textures.

All you need to do is let it run till it finishes downloading them.
maybe if you put frameskip on it might run a little smoother. And try turning shaders off all the way just to be sure it isn't your card.
Originally Posted by Stilf View Post

If it works smoothly, it means that Toribash freezes because it's updating the players textures.

Mine never freezes because of that, but i think you should try turn off frame skipping.
\.\.\.\3rd DanBlackBelt/./././
Vvvvlatkos back ;D!!
im having a similar problem in mp during the players moves
Originally Posted by Stilf View Post

Yeah it works if I disconnect before I start toribash but then it wont download anything and I wont see other players textures.

And it takes sooo long if I let it run till it finishes them because I just reinstalled it and it has to download everytime something when I start it.

Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
maybe if you put frameskip on it might run a little smoother. And try turning shaders off all the way just to be sure it isn't your card.

Frameskip doesn't help and I have tried turning shaders off and everything and it doesn't help.
i think the problem is that for some reason the custom files are not saving properly.

Then it has to download all of them each time.

Just an idea
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!

Originally Posted by Karhax View Post
i think the problem is that for some reason the custom files are not saving properly.

Then it has to download all of them each time.

Just an idea

No, that isn't the problem. Just the lag when it downloads them.
what kind of internet are you using?

dialup?
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!