Ranking
Original Post
shader & colour ishoos
I've had the shaders issue for quite a while now, actually, just didn't bring myself to writing about it to support

so, the problem is, my shaders kinda work, but the screen is scrambled with points, s-like patterns or other black shapes. also, there's often a thick black or grey, unregular box in the "horizon" (see pics).

switching shaders on and off may change the patterns or eventually make them and the box disappear altogether, but it often takes more than 5 times.

the other problem is with uke colours. I watched a replay with custom colours on uke, and accidentally clicked single player, and from thereone my uke has been red and blue... how do i change him back to the simple white?

NOTE: the pics are in gif, cuz it seems the shaders make for images so complicated that i can't host them directly onto the forums as jpg because of the file size. the pattern of the gif format and the corruption patterns are easily distinguishable, however
Last edited by Archlurps; Aug 12, 2008 at 06:11 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
you're kidding me! the wrong colour uke really kills me performance in SP, i'd like help, please
I refuse to grab.
-
i don't know how to fix the uke problem, but i need to solve it for myself.

uke is ugly colors on mine and i don't know how to fix it, so sorry.
lol, ty for commenting, but the thing is, there's been a mod answering to all the first page questions but mine since i posted this, why not mine? it can't be impossible
I refuse to grab.
-
delete the item.dat in toribash custom folder in

C:\Games\Toribash-3.3\custom\uke
C:\Games\Toribash-3.3\custom\tori

if uke is colored then tori probably is too.
tori is colored like it should with the grads i've bought... so i'll just del the tori file...

thanks man

so, how about the shader problem?
I refuse to grab.
-
It may be a bug, because this seems to have happened to a few people. It's new to the new 3.3, so it is most likely a bug with the new release.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
B&B&B&
nmilkosky - nopes, not new to the 3.3, as i said, i've had it for quite a while, ever since i got this new computer and a graphic card that can handle shaders.
stilf - i'm pretty sure they're updated, since i bought this pre-installed, but i'll check.

don't close this yet, i'm not sure if this'll help

EDIT: heheh... sorry for being such a noob, but... I have vista, and i'm no ecpert, nor even properly aware of this shiiz at all, so: where do i find my graph card name, and just in case, how exactly will i find the drivers?
Last edited by Archlurps; Jun 4, 2008 at 01:37 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Press Windows Key+R to open Run, type dxdiag, and press run. Your card should be listed under the "Display" tab.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."