Tori-Santa 2019
Interesting video! However it doesn't ever touch on the point that English is a natural language which has evolved over 1400 years or so.
Thats a good point but I feel like the video is based on the more modern problems. On how it's evolved so far that problems like these were never though of in the past.
I don't see them as a problem. At least in my opinion, the entire point of language is to communicate thoughts, ideas, emotions and a few other things. If we understand each-other, then language has succeeded. English wasn't methodically planned out, nor does it need to be.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I don't see them as a problem. At least in my opinion, the entire point of language is to communicate thoughts, ideas, emotions and a few other things. If we understand each-other, then language has succeeded. English wasn't methodically planned out, nor does it need to be.

I have to at least half agree with this statement. Looking at words that sound the same or are spelled the same, etc, is an unhealthy approach to deciding a root causes to modern day language problems. The problems with language are much much more heavily rooted/complex.
If you have any questions about forum or ingame, feel free to shoot me a pm. I also do limited freelance website developing, sometimes for free! "Looking for busy work." (Mainly Forum Frameworks) PHP, JS, HTML/CSS, SQL, CentOS, Unix, Cpanel, Putty, Filezilla
Ex: Event Squad, Help Squad, Site Developer