Ranking
Originally Posted by siku View Post
i'm kind of sick about all these shitty questions. read the fucking thread title

Originally Posted by soumynona
Feel free to ask the devs, admins, mods, GMs, etc any general question you want about the forums, the community, the game, recent events, favorite colors and activities.

I believe listening to music is an activity, therefore my question is valid.
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Well, not just them. Shifting impressions of the community as a whole.

The older members that are still around are much the same as they were back then, just there's less of them & they got older.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
But actual question: how have you noticed the community changing throughout the years? Maturity, intelligence, rage, whatever.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
I assume you're referring to newer members. It's gotten younger, far less mature and certainly less intelligent as a whole. As for "rage", I wouldn't know; the people attempting to portray angry come across as butthurt children.

Generally speaking the quieter members are at the "better" end of the spectrum.

Even since 2010 I'm seeing younger and younger people around.
But then thinking about it, I found out about this game in 08 (friends account) which would have made me about 13 at the time - which kinda makes me think I was part of that younger surge.
Lots of people have now grown up with the game so meh, still, the under 14's now seem to outnumber the older teens now
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The older members that are still around are much the same as they were back then, just there's less of them & they got older.

Underclassmen get shorter every year.
-----
I accidentally quoted the wrong post. Oh well, my internets so slow right now I won't even fix it. The point is that maturity is subject to the maturity of whoever is perceiving, and that maturity naturally goes up, regardless of how old you are
Last edited by sid; May 21, 2013 at 02:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
What do you think of Toribash 5.0 , Vision ?
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
So I have noticed there is a usertitle shop, thoughts on that and how it will affect the community if at all?
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post

1.5mil polygons at uke/tori, real fight sounds (realtime synchro by special fight center agents), free beer with every download of the game etc etc..
Ok, wont happen..but hey, something must be a surprise so we will see

Originally Posted by ManlyPotato View Post
So I have noticed there is a usertitle shop, thoughts on that and how it will affect the community if at all?

Nice TC sink, beside that it's just cosmetics, not that much influence at the community at all.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post

Oddly enough we were discussing that yesterday. TBA etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Is there a place where someone who decided on the new ranking system goes in depth on how exactly it works?

I have a lot of questions on it because it appears to work pretty weird.

For instance:

1) Are all ELO's created equal? Is 1650 mmr in a mod as global as aikido equivalent to 1650 in some random mod that only has been played by like 12 people?

2) Is there any benefit to playing more than one mod? It seems like the people who's global ranks are top 10 just pick a mod like jousting, katana, and... well mostly those, maybe wushu3, and only play the shit out of that. Every other rating is in the 1600-1610 range whereas one 1750+ rating in an obscure fast mod puts them league ahead of say someone with a 1700 rating in a fast mod and consistent 1650 region across the board in "important" mods like TK, judofrac, wushu, aikido, etc.

3) Does your mod rank ever actually matter? Does rank 1 matter more when you have only 1610 ELO in it than say rank 4012 with an ELO of 1625?

4) Does losing during a streak or maintaining a heavy streak impact elo changes?
Last edited by Bodhisattva; May 21, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!