Toribash
Original Post
GM recruitment!
For whatever reason I keep getting pms asking if this thing is still on (regardless of how I'm not a gm anymore) well the answer is no, it is no longer going. However gms are always accepting applications, and if you wish to send in an application I suggest you send it to any full gm or the user Risk

Hello members of the toribash community, it's that time again! Step up to the plate for a chance to join our little team that is the face of Nabi.

What does a GM do?
- GMs (Game Masters) host events and take care of in-game moderation. They aim to keep people entertained and keep toribash interesting.

Being a GM is no easy feat. In fact, many say that being a GM is the hardest job in Toribash.
With the teal name in the forums and dark red name in-game, all people can see that you are someone with power. Those people know answers to their questions. Those people do all the cool things in Toribash. Those people fucked up, so I can blame them. Those people banned me for no reason, so I have to be mean to them. Despite all the weird things that come to you, you have to act as the smiling face of Nabi, because that's what you are.

You will be working with people, so being outgoing and personable is a great plus.
You will be doing events for people, so creativity is a big thing here.
You will have lots of power, so you need to be reliable.
You will be in many situations which require a good sense of judgment.
Being active and enthusiastic is a necessity as a GM.
Last, but not least, ability to handle the above-mentioned stress.
There are no requirements regarding belts, ranks, in-game skills, post counts, join dates, knowing the current GMs, alt accounts or the like.

...Then, why be a GM?
Because holy shit it's amazing to be able to see your own work being appreciated by the masses
And the feeling of helping out people is always a nice feeling.
Of course this differs from person to person, but the point is that sure, it's hard, but it ain't like it's just suffering ;)

The application itself is free-form, but including your GMT is a necessity.
The application should be sent to Tonakai during these next two weeks, last day being 12. of February.
Also by the way if you've already applied within the last ~month don't send in a new application please (may want to make sure if you're still being considered, though).
If you need help with making your application, Dargon's done a nice tutorial exactly for that.

And now a few words for the gm team itself, all quotes are anonymous.

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

Last edited by Tim; May 3, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Guys, I think that it is just better if you leave the question to be answered by GMs or other staff members themselves. We don't need to give people false information about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ΣɗiƮ
Have Fun | Enjoy Life | Stay cool
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
fun fact: you guys actually don't need this info at all prior to getting the position.

But isn't curiosity a good thing?
If you head over to my house, you'll be (Mg,Fe)7Si8O22(OH)2
Originally Posted by TopHats View Post
But isn't curiosity a good thing?

Curiosity killed the Cat.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I suppose this is a rather irrelevant question but...
What process do you go through in deciding a new trial game master or if a trial should pass?
Is it a vote or.. what?
Originally Posted by TopHats View Post
But isn't curiosity a good thing? :p

Not necessarily, especially if it makes one look like one's in it just for the benefits that come from being a GM.
Well, this thread was made also to see who would be like that.

Originally Posted by Ealtrik View Post
I suppose this is a rather irrelevant question but...
What process do you go through in deciding a new trial game master or if a trial should pass?
Is it a vote or.. what?

tests.

Recruitment has been closed.
75 applications total. While they were pouring in, we've been judging them, and currently we're left with 39.
Expect another two weeks to pass before the results are in.

stay tuned