Ranking
Original Post
Local Mod Applications
Over the next two or three weeks, I'll be taking applications for local moderator positions. If you apply for a position that's already covered, we may still consider your application, but we're more interested in areas that aren't already covered. This is mainly for people who are already involved in an area they would feel comfortable moderating.

You can apply for positions anywhere in the Toribash (support, mods, replays etc...) and General (gaming, music chat etc...) categories, with the exception of the news and events board which are generally looked after by the GMs and smods. If you send me an application for a staff position, it might just get muddled up with all the local mod apps, send them to the other groups. To avoid any confusion, I'm not taking applications for the new Russian forum. From what I see that's been taken care of already, and sir is the one to contact.

I wont be adding anyone for at least one week. For existing local mods or staff, feel free to PM me with recommendations. I wont be adding anyone who doesn't apply, though mention it in your application if you are returning back to a previous position.

For other staff reading this: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=434843

There are lots of boards. It is possible to get more than one position. If this is the case for you, you can do that in one application, you just need to talk about each board separately. If you do get in, it might not be all of the positions you wanted. On the other hand, if you make it ambiguous as to what position you want, I'm likely to ignore the application completely.

As usual, the primary requirement is to figure out the correct person to PM your application to (Fish). In case your application is good and I want to show it to other people, it is preferred that you name the position you're applying for in both the title and first sentence of the PM.

Applications for these positions never officially close. Preferably send in your application before the 15th. After two or three weeks I'll probably post a list of the new moderators. You'll be contacted if you're accepted. Feedback for anyone else will be limited, at best.
Can you show all the questions that are going to be in the application? I'm tired of putting in the questions in applications.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post
Can you show all the questions that are going to be in the application? I'm tired of putting in the questions in applications.

There are no questions, include the detail you consider necessary for whatever board you wish to be an lmod for.

This should help.

... *facepalm* Does that mean I just made a huge mistake? Or... does it still count? Or... BLAH! Just, am I okay?
•You're bananas!
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post

I'd much rather see what you think is important, so I'm not going to give out a list of questions for everyone to answer. Besides if I did, you'd be the one answering them, not me. So there's no need for anyone to ask questions in their application.
Originally Posted by TBashDude View Post
... *facepalm* Does that mean I just made a huge mistake? Or... does it still count? Or... BLAH! Just, am I okay?

You're not actually the only one to send me a GM application. Those go to the GMs, but these sorts of mistakes generally don't give them much confidence in you.
Last edited by Fish; Dec 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
It stinks that I made this mistake, but life is all about trial and error, and learning from your mistakes. I guess I'll send an app to a GM now, mentioning what happened, but, thanks
•You're bananas!
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

You can apply for positions anywhere in the Toribash (support, mods, replays etc...) and General (gaming, music chat etc...) categories, with the exception of the news and events board which are generally looked after by the GMs and smods.

What about the Market Section? It is always looked by MS members, but can we also appply on Lmods for this section?