Toribash
Original Post
For my friends, or anyone, in Australia
Hello friends.

I want to present to you the Shaam Film Festival, also known as the Syrian Film Festival.

In May it's in Australia. Now I'm a bit late the red carpet event was on the 6th but as an Australian you probably wouldn't want to attend a red carpet event where you don't know any of the Syrian celebrities there.

So, on the 8th, 9th and 11th of May, there will be one film on each day. They should be really good must-watch films and they are certainly insightful and different for an Australian audience.

They're entertaining of course but mostly they will give insight about Syria during the war. They are thriller and drama and action kind of films. They're not documentary. Watch the trailers below to know what kind of films they are.

The festival will be a great way to spend a night out having fun while at the same time getting insight and knowing what a nation is going through.

These films are ones you'll never forget and you'll be talking about them to everyone you meet. I'm not saying that because I'm Syria you can judge for yourself, watch the trailer read the story behind them and remember this is not fictional Hollywood; they are showing you reality. (Not documentary though)

It might be heavy as we always watch Hollywood films with Dystopian setting but these films are actually giving insight into a reality somewhere in the world. They should be very eye-opening and I'm really really excited to hear you guys' opinions although I know none of you might be able to attend but I'm praying.

The film are:

Mariam 8th of May

The destiny of three Syrian women during war time, each one of them is Called Mariam (or Mary in English) and lives in a different time facing the war in its moral, social and brutal aspects.

Yet none of them would ever Lose what life has given them; the right to choose and the willing to Love and sacrifice.

The Father 9th of May

The film events take place in a Syrian town besieged by terrorist troops. Ibrahim Abdullah,
the main character, is trying to rescue his family through the siege, and reach safe areas ,with other people of the town. Soon after, they are captured by the terrorists.

The film follows the tragic destiny of this family in the camp, with many other innocent civilian people, in their sufferings against the savage and inhuman actions of the terrorists.

(The Father) is a Syrian survival story.

SYRIANS 11th of may

Rima, a Syrian reporter, is stuck during her mission in a village surrounded by terrorists. She becomes a witness of the tragic destiny of people there, and found herself facing challenges which threat her. She meets Zina and Yousef, two persons condemned by death, yet she learns from them how to carry on with her life.
“Syrians” in ancient languages means:” People of the Sun”.

As many of you know I'm proudly Syrian and I live in Damascus, Syria where I belong. So when I represent to you something like this festival that might give the world our voice instead of voices of foreigners talking lies on our behalf, I'll be reaaaaally excited to hear what you guys think of the films cuz I loved them.

Visit Shaam Film Festival's website to know more about it and to know the prices of the tickets if you're interested. https://www.shaamfilmfestival.com.au/
-----
So yeah take a mate on a night out you'll definitely remember these films for a long time
-----
IDK if it's for everyone or just me but the videos arent working if you can help me with that it would be great

here are the links for the trailers :

Mariam: http://www.shaamfilmfestival.com.au/mariam/

The father:

http://www.shaamfilmfestival.com.au/the-father/

Syrians:

http://www.shaamfilmfestival.com.au/syrians/
Last edited by rainboweye; May 8, 2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It isn't letting me edit for some reason, but I fixed the videos below. You only put the letters/numbers after the '=' sign from the link between the youtube tags, not the whole link

Originally Posted by rainboweye View Post
Mariam 8th of May

The destiny of three Syrian women during war time, each one of them is Called Mariam (or Mary in English) and lives in a different time facing the war in its moral, social and brutal aspects.

Yet none of them would ever Lose what life has given them; the right to choose and the willing to Love and sacrifice.

The Father 9th of May

The film events take place in a Syrian town besieged by terrorist troops. Ibrahim Abdullah,
the main character, is trying to rescue his family through the siege, and reach safe areas ,with other people of the town. Soon after, they are captured by the terrorists.

The film follows the tragic destiny of this family in the camp, with many other innocent civilian people, in their sufferings against the savage and inhuman actions of the terrorists.

(The Father) is a Syrian survival story.

SYRIANS 11th of may

Rima, a Syrian reporter, is stuck during her mission in a village surrounded by terrorists. She becomes a witness of the tragic destiny of people there, and found herself facing challenges which threat her. She meets Zina and Yousef, two persons condemned by death, yet she learns from them how to carry on with her life.
“Syrians” in ancient languages means:” People of the Sun”.

one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Mellllbbbbbbouurrrrnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuck
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Unfortunately it's only in Melbourne and Sydney this year, and I'm in Brisbane right now. Probably a long shot, but are any of them available on any torrent sites yet?
it's not letting me edit either. thanks for fixing the vids moop.

I don't know if I can find them somewhere but ill search and give you the links if i found a place where you can watch them.