ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Toribash]The Event Chain

The concept:

The goal of this event is to give people a chance to create their own events easily, with sponsorship from the Game Keepers. Of course, to gain this privilege, you will need to win one of these sponsored competitions first. This cycle will go on five times if everything goes well.

How it works:

First you need to win a competition hosted by us Gamekeepers. For this occasion, we have chosen "The Ultimate Free-running challenge". Once you've done that, you have one week to come up with your own following competition, you can drop by #gamekeeper on IRC at any time to ask us for help. If you're short on ideas, you can always ask your friends, many people would be glad to invent a competition.

Restrictions:

Of course, we can't let you make any competition you want (it would be too easy) so here are some rules you need to follow:

-There are five competition categories: In-game, replay, texture art, video, other (like miscellaneous art or music composition). You may not choose a competition from the category of the one you won.

-Everyone must be allowed to enter your competition; you may not make them pay an entry or such.

-You may not gain anything from the event. For instance if you make a texture art event, you may not keep the winner's texture for yourself.

-You only have one week from the moment you receive your prize to post the next competition. Otherwise, your prize will be retrieved.

-If no one participates in your event then the prize of your event will go to the winner of any parallel one we have going on. He will also come up with a new competition with the same rules as above (so if he doesn't do it, he will lose his bonus prize).

-We will offer you 50 000 TC as prizes, you may distribute it as you like between a certain number of winners but there must be one defined first place at the end (note: the first event will be an exception to the fixed prized money).

-You will have to contact at least one Gamekeeper to assist you in your judging if the competition requires it. He will make sure you are not biased and will help you if you're new to the concept. You may add as many other judges as you like, however they won't be able to participate in your competition.

-Your competition must last 2 weeks

Competitions:

-Ultimate Freerunning Challenge
by Tart
Winner: OBLIVION94

-Knight in Shining Armor
by OBLIVION94
Winner: Pate5

-The Birth of Tori
by Pate5
Winner: Teknik

-To be determined

-To be determined

-To be determined

Bonus prize:

Of course, the whole point of this is to have fresh ideas coming from the community, this is why we have prepared a bonus prize for the most creative of your competitions. The creator of the most original competition, judged by the Game Keepers, will win an item pack of Full Raider.

Last edited by Muffindo; Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Just posting to let you know I acknowledge my responsibility to create an event, and that I'll start thinking about it soon.
I'll meet you guys in IRC on the weekend to settle the details and hear your opinion.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
I'll be in #gamekeeper most of the time, highlight me when you come please ;)
You can start thinking about your event, just remember it should not involve replays. Congratulations on winning Tart's competition.