Toribash
Original Post
This has happy news all over for me. I see alot of improvements. iPhone 4, the free upgrade when contract expires, the dropping of 3gs prices.

The problem I am watching is if they do the same copy thing like they're doing now.

What with the iPad being an enlarged iTouch as I hear.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
Originally Posted by TehCaek View Post
The problem I am watching is if they do the same copy thing like they're doing now.

What with the iPad being an enlarged iTouch as I hear.

What "copy thing?"
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.
I meant how apple is just enlarging the ipod touch.

Like how iPad is a huge ipod touch. Just size no new features.

Get it now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is plenty of new features, it's hardly a blown up iPod Touch.
It bridges the gap between a laptop and a mobile device.
I use it instead of my laptop for portabilities sake.
It is an amazing device, certainly worth the money.
I said I hope it doesn't end up like another copy thing.

ANyways, I will be looking forward to getting this! It has great new features like video chat, new design, and alot more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, after I finally said, "Okay, no more upgrading" Apple released an update that I really want. I knew about the phone a WHILE ago due to leaks though, so no surprise.

What I love most is the new screen. 4x the pixel count of the current phone :O
I'm indifferent about the form factor, but the glass back should feel nice.
Not gonna use video chat, but the 5mp camera finally catches it up to other phones. However, I think the image quality is better than most, because MP doesn't matter as much as low image noise, good lens and stuff (not a photographer, so sorry for bad lingo).

Other features I remember off the top of my head:
much better accelerometer
front facing camera
larger antenna (that metal band around the phone
even larger battery
thinner
Oh, A4 processor, same one as in iPad iirc. Probably underclocked though, perhaps not, due to similar res.

What would make this a day one upgrade for me?
Well perhaps a better audio chip, with more settings like a custom equalizer, and the ability to drive higher impedance headphones.

What is stopping me? Well, apparently AT&T no longer has the unlimited data plan. Only a 200mb for $15, and a 2gb for $25. This is $5 less than unlimited, but I often need my phone for tethering while I travel (jailbroken). I am also a "power user."
So...until AT&T sorts that out, I'll have to stay with my current one.

EDIT: BTW, the Guitar Hero game is pretty great. There's a bug with jailbroken phones that prevents me from buying the dlc tracks though. (bought it legally btw) It goes from really easy, to being harder than any other rhythm games. The strum thing is really fun too. :]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I found this source. I hope it is and is useful to what you are looking for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by TehCaek View Post
I found this source. I hope it is and is useful to what you are looking for.

Yeah, I see where they're trying to get at but I find it annoying because my phone doesn't pick up wifi usually, meaning that I usually have to rely on my data plan. This can get EXTREMELY annoying when this starts happening somewhere and I don't have access to a computer. The only thing that gives me any sort of warm fuzzy feeling that I may have unlimited data is:
Current AT&T subscribers with an iPhone can retain their $30 per month unlimited plan, the company said, but can switch to one of the new lower-priced plans if they want. iPhone owners will receive text messages as their data supply dwindles to warn them that they're approaching the cap limit, AT&T added.

But I doubt that they'll have the option for the iPhone 4.
[r]aid