ES Recruitment Drive
Har, I've got a coin that you would be so jealous of. When I was in Poland this summer, y grandmother gave me a bag of collector quarters, plus 20 assorted coins from various countries(Poland, Germany, Russia) which are no longer in use or manufactured. In fact one of the coins was apparently completely destroyed. Their values of the coin itself from it's time was like 500 zloty(polish money). Don't ask me to tell you the dates. I can't even tell what they are. Their so scratched out.

Still having trouble with my UGC... *rage*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Very nice, I am alittle jelious lol .

IMORTANT:

So I had a briliant Idea in regards to modding , we have all seen the random spike in mod releases ( wich is always a good thing ) and that got me thinking of creating some sort of event . Call it a "Mod off" , who can build the better mod .

This would be a private event for the best modders in Toribash but there will be somthing that would make it even more special , the Toribash community will be the judges and not some jury.

Each modder will have a formal invatation sent to them asking them to be apart of this event . They will be given a specific deadline to complete these mods and once they deadline is over , the event will begin so the public will not have to wait to cast there votes .

There will be no mention of who created the mod when they are released and a third party user will upload them with specific names to keep the makers hidden .

The public will select there disired mod depending on the functionality , layout, realism, and so on .

Each modder will not walk away empty handed , just to say " thank you for all your hard work" .

Now the most important thing that needs to be done for this event is to get clans to sponser this event so that there can be tc prizes . These prizes wont be small ( 5k , 10k , 20k ) , but reasonably large . Somthing along the lines of 100k for 1st , 75k for 2nd , 50k for 3rd and so on .

The GM's can not be counted on to create such an event so it is mainly up to the Clans of Toribash to be sponsers.
I myself would like to participate in this event and have talked it over with a few other modders already .

So my question is , will the Hunters like to host this event and be one ofthe hopefully many sponsers to show there appreciation to the under rated modders of Toribash?
Last edited by TRichard21; Dec 29, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
I don't see why we can't sponsor such an event, although I still think that there should be a panel of judges to decide the winner, not the community, for 2 reasons:

1) The community is unreliable and may crown a mod that is not necessarily the best one. For instance, if we had a competition between one of your parkour mods and titanic2.tbm, I'd think that the community would choose titanic because it's more "awesome" than a parkour mod that less than half of the community can even complete.

2) I have a feeling that regular forum users can't be arsed to download a mod, install it in their TB folder and then play it several times in order to get a feel for it and decide if it's good or not. If this happens, then we'd have only a miniscule number of votes to go by, which is not as accurate as we would like it to be.
First off, bless your soul for healing my broken heart with your infinite kindness, Silent.
Yeah, I actually think that I'd like to sponsor something like this, however as Silent said instead of the community which is highly biased when it comes to good mods, instead of having the usual panel of 2-4 people as judges, a larger group of people who have better opinions on mods, more like perhaps up to 50 different judges as a panel instead as that would provide a wider opinion on the mods. Also when it comes to the community, they occasionally like mods which are ridiculous, like pendulumjumper.tbm, that was the weirdest and easiest mod ever. Someone I saw said that they thought it was better, over amazing mods like yours Trichard, and Jisses new mods. Also yeah,most forum users which aren't dedicated to participating in events, I see no possible way to persuade the majority of them to download a bunch of mods and play them. The only way they would do that is if they were bribed.

Greatly like this idea though, totally supporting this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I do see your point Dsigs , a large group of juries would be a better choice . I could just look in the replay forum for people that have good playablility.

I would like to wait for the leaders opinions on the matter before this goes underway.
And if it is a go , then I have a favor to ask of you Lordtiger . If you read my earlier post , you will see that a formal invataion and a sponsership letter needs to be writen . This seems like somthing you would enjoy doing and have it done properly. Would you be willing to write them ?
We've got quite some unused tcs in the clanbank, so I don't see a reason why we couldn't sponsor your event.
I'm not ito modding stuff! So im out of this event.
/offtopic
I got my first smartphone unexpected. It was an awesome suprise.
Oh and the phone is Sony Xperia tipo, Awesome phone!
/offtopic
@thepitcher : Thank you , I dont know how much the clan is willing to give out from the bank though . I still need to create the sponsership letters and still debating on what to ask of each clan .

I could just explain what the desired prize amount is and see how much the contribute.

And Dz , umm single members are not the sponsers , the tc comes from the clans bank .
@TRichard: We haven't used the clan bank for much stuff lately, so I'm pretty sure there are more than enough tcs in it, but since those tcs belong to the whole clan, I guess it's also up to 2pro and Lordtiger to decide how much we are sponsoring.

@Clan: Seems like we survived another year and another apocalypse, pretty sure the next one is coming soon

But for now:

Happy new year (: