Toribash
Original Post
Weird crashing issue
Recently I gave up playing TB because it kept crashing, so I'll post here to see if anyone had this before:

Everytime I enter TB, it runs fine, then...maybe 5 minutes in...the game crashes, along with my computer, and the Blue Screen of Death appears, and tells me my: nv4_disp device has been caught in an infinite loop. REinstalling doesn't work. I got the newest drivers/directx

Also, my specs:

AMD Athlon 2400+
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 Pro
512/1024 RAM (I get 1gb in weekends)

So, anyone know something?
Re: Weird crashing issue
Try and search for nv4. You'll probably find the file nv4.dll. and another just called nv4. Dont kill me if you do it and you system wont work(it shouldent), but something tells me, you should try and delete it.. it might recreate it self if deleted, removing errors, if any...
That's a problem with the graphics driver. Try uninstalling/re-installing the latest Nvidia drivers.
sometimes the latest drivers have problems. If the latest drivers do not work, try going to an earlier driver. There are plenty of places which have old versions of nVidia drivers, just try searching on google.
I has a flavour
Well, I tried reinstalling the drivers. Didn't work.

I can't roll back to older drivers, because my dad needs the most newest, as this computer doubles as a low-end testing computer for our programs...=\

If anyone could get something that didn't require me to modify any system files, only TB files, i'd use it... =(
Crazy idea: Try switching to 16-bit colors if you are using 32-bit. I used to have to do that sometimes with Toribash.
Originally Posted by SSJokker
Well, I tried reinstalling the drivers. Didn't work.

I can't roll back to older drivers, because my dad needs the most newest, as this computer doubles as a low-end testing computer for our programs...=\

If anyone could get something that didn't require me to modify any system files, only TB files, i'd use it... =(

Maybe v2.3 will have a more diverse range of systems it can run on.
Uh...O.o

What do you mean by diverse range of systems? My computer is just like any other, it just has new drivers... =\

Also, tried switching to 16-bit, no go...

Basically, the game forces my graphics card to get stuck in an infinite loop, so what I'm looking for is somehting along the lines is a .dll fix for the game...It happened on lots of games, and I asked the creator and they put one available on the site... =\
well, all I can recommend then is going to the dll-creators websites. TB uses glut, SDL, ode, SDL_mixer and libcurl.

glut and SDL are used for the graphics stuff, so I would look at that, TB does not ship with the latest versions of the dlls so maybe just updating them could help.

ode is the physics engine, SDL_mixer the sound engine and libcurl is for transferring files through http/ftp easily.
I has a flavour