Ranking
Original Post
Regret buying Macbook, wants PC. What should I do?
Ok, well i made a mistake, i got my mac, and it was awesome for bout 6 months, now i relized, oshi, i couldve got a better ALIENWARE ;-; computer for less.....is there a way i could get outta this jam? or should i just tough it out, and save up $2000 and get another rig?

gphx card in my mac: ati radeon 4670
alienware: ATI Radeon HD 5870

Processor mac: intel pentuim 4 processor, 3.0 GHz
alienware:intel i5 dual 3.2GHz

mem for both: 4gigs

hard drive: 1 tb

mac price: $2100
Alienware: $2027

What should i do? deal with it, or what? :|
So you got a mac, realized you could've gotten something better for a cheaper price, and had a heart attack?

I can't imagine why you wouldn't just stay with your mac, TBH.
Since when does mac use ATI cards?
Anyways, your only real mistake was getting a mac when the new ones were about to come out.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
if you're worried about your processor to that point I would think you would be gaming, and if you are wanting a gaming computer I can't imagine why you bought the mac in the first place.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
Originally Posted by Gubbin1 View Post
if you're worried about your processor to that point I would think you would be gaming, and if you are wanting a gaming computer I can't imagine why you bought the mac in the first place.

Totaly true why would you get a mac for gaming? Alienware is designed for gaming and gaming only.
[doc] [NZ] Signatures are so over-rated... ~Alexxy
Originally Posted by Alexxy View Post
Totaly true why would you get a mac for gaming? Alienware is designed for gaming and gaming only.

Too bad they are pieces of shit nowadays.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
i thought i could just bootcamp it, the dude at the apple store was very good at persuading my whole family into buying me a mac for gaming....
Alienware is good overall, just definitely not for their price. Mac is much much worse for price, as the op demonstrated.

What I'd do is try to return it. If it's less than 14 days, they should let you, might charge a restocking fee but I think it's worth the money to get a better laptop.

Instead of Alienware though, you should look into custom builders, like ibuypower, cyber pc, or sager. I recently started liking the newer ASUS ROG laptops too. Not as good as the customs I guess, but more features for media activities and probably better physical designs.

IMO, Alienware is aimed at kids (I mean like REALLY SPOILED little kids like real young teen) who want a flashy new toy. Cuz they resemble toys far too much for me. Give me a nicely sculpted aluminum box any day ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Hes had the computer for 6 months.
Also, bootcamping is really easy. Have you not done it yet?
<DeadorK> fair maiden
Oops, didn't see that. Well bootcamp still won't make it as powerful as an actual gaming rig. If you REALLY want to get the alienware, try to sell it and cut your losses (should be easier since so many ppl want macs) or build a desktop for your gaming, which could cost as little as $700
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]