ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Old servers vs New servers, and different versions of Toribash
If you can't see any rooms, or otherwise play toribash, and this happened recently:
Make sure that you are running the newest version of toribash. At the time of this writing, those versions are 3.94 for windows, and 3.93 for OSX. This is because the servers were moved, and the old servers are hardcoded in the old clients.

Two things just happened:

1. Old Toribash servers have been shut down, rendering all toribash versions older than 3.94 useless
2. Vox made a patch to make pre-3.94 versions useful again, by making old clients connect to new servers.

Basically, a lot of people are unable to play with up to date versions, for a variety of reasons. With this patch, you can patch the client of your choice, and play on the new servers.
Lastly you may also need the servers text file below for versions before 3.5, this should replace the servers text file in your installed Toribash folder.

So without further ado:
Click here to download the latest version of Toribash.
Click here to download the patch
Click here to get the server list you will need to make 3.32 and older to work.
Click here to get the client of your choice

NB: This patch only works with windows clients. But a Mac version is under development

Confirmed working with versions:
3.01 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
3.32 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
Last edited by Vox; Dec 9, 2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Patch updated to work on older versions.
Originally Posted by Tripstone View Post
So still no working Mac OS X version?

hampa is working on a PPC version of the latest mac release that should work on older macs.
Cool, any idea on when it will be released? I was rank 28 but now I am like 109 from not being able to play. xP

So I need to redeem myself ASAP haha.
A lot of times meet mutants in game that is inposible to win vs them.. (Hand 3 meters and up my head.)
Originally Posted by Mccqa View Post
A lot of times meet mutants in game that is inposible to win vs them.. (Hand 3 meters and up my head.)

What does that have to do with this topic?
Originally Posted by sirsex View Post
in 3.94
ping timeout happens so often
it is impossible to play like this

The game servers are faster than ever before, if you have internet problems it is not the game, or the servers fault, it would be some connection fault on route, such as your ISP.
Hooray Cell Shading, how I missed you so.
Ryan: You cant beat Snoop Dog StellarNinja: I have a song with an electric bagpipe solo Ryan: ... FUCKING PLAY IT