ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
lee's parkouring replays
here are some of my parkouring replays horrible ikr but im just a begginer and im pretty good at finishing parkours but not at moving and controlling in them i need 2 parkour more and i need tips im in TB often

Here are my replays:-
-----
here's more better replays:-
-----
lee and whypie was a great replay
Attached Files
jungle fight parkour.rpl (1.41 MB, 4 views)
parkouring with dragon.rpl (1.41 MB, 4 views)
Last edited by martiallee; Jun 3, 2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Hmm, what can I say... Put bluntly these replays aren't great, but at least you're trying

There are a number of issues I can see with your running, notably you often swing a leg too far or not far enough and lose the run because of this. In addition you seem to be extending your knees waayy too early, landing really far back on your heel and just stomping the ground with the back of your foot, instead of smoothly pushing off the ground. You need to have the knee extend so that it is fully (or nearly fully) extended just as it hits the ground. I find the best way to do this is to just relax the knee. Also you twist your upper body way too much and at the wrong time, most of the time you really shouldn't twist the chest at all and if you do, only do it for a few frames. It's mostly the pecs that are used to swing the arms left and right for balance, not the chest. Finally, you often have your body leaning too far forward, to the point where you can't get your leg in front fast enough to stop you from falling over. I didn't see it in these replays but it's also quite easy to end up leaning too far back and almost doing backflips if you mess up your run. Try experimenting with extending both hips for a turn if you're falling too far forward or holding/relaxing the hip that's extending if you fall too far back.

As for your spar at the end, you really need to learn to balance more consistently, as you may have seen in a certain tutorial video, constantly jumping doesn't hide your lack of balance. I did see you get a decent balance towards the end but most of the time you were either on more than two limbs or flying. Jumps aren't inherently bad but they also aren't a crutch for not being able to balance hehe. Another thing is you seem to go for pretty much every opportunity for a hit, which results in a few odd looking hits and probably negatively affects your balance too. I didn't see too much reason for that hit at about 1460 on the whyphie spar for example, might have been better to try and get up and balance and wait for him to get up too. Also you twitch a fair bit, for example I've seen you rapidly switch chest rotation one way to the other without letting it slow down first and similar with other joints too. This causes your whole body to jolt a bit due to it having to absorb the momentum the joint had before. This is most noticeable with the core joints, because of course they move such a large amount of your body's mass. When you do a move you need to follow it through to its end and relax/hold joints to slow down ready for the next move. You need to think a little further ahead with what you're going to do. Remember that 10 frames or less is not very long at all in the final replay, so you shouldn't change too many joints each turn if you can avoid it. In general if you want to be fluid you probably shouldn't immediately switch a moving joint from one direction to the other in two turns, try relaxing or even holding a joint before switching the other way if need be.

All in all, what you need to do is just practice I'm afraid, only way to get better. Tips help speed you up but you need to figure things out for yourself.

Even if you don't actually read what I've posted above (but I would recommend you do, also it took a long time :P ), just do the following:

-Watch replays of the pros like largekilla, swexx, xlr84life, obazu etc. and analyse their moves if you want to really get better. Try and figure out what they're doing to perform the awesome moves they pull off.
-Practice running in a straight line in singleplayer for as many steps as you can without editing, eventually you'll figure out something that works for you.
-Practice balancing on two feet after doing different kinds of moves such as jumps, running, or anything that would normally put you off balance. The horse stance is a good and easy way to balance.

p.s. protip - post the mods you use in your replays if they aren't standard so people don't have to look on the mod section, most people are too lazy to do that. Similarly it's best to only post one or two replays at max in one post as most people won't take the time to review every one of them like I did lol.

also I wasn't too much of a fan of that /em spam but it's just personal preference, I just think it looks nicer without it.
what do u think or anyone?
thank you for your reply tell me what u think of this replay my partner failed to co-operate with me and it looked like sh1t but i got better at running a little... tell me wat u think pls any1 can reply
Attached Files
me and hulk parkouring.rpl (1.02 MB, 4 views)