Toribash
Original Post
Our new "Home"
As you guys know, in five hundred million more years, there would be a point where the sun would implode/explode as it constantly increases its size every second passing by and it may destroy our solar system or even beyond that (and of course, it will consumed Earth by that point). And if that is not worse enough, the galaxy known as "Andromeda" is heading our way and it will collide with our galaxy in an estimated time of four billion years from now. So, now I am wondering on when will we have the advanced technology to travel beyond our galaxy and "where" will be our potentially new Earth? Discuss away, my friends.
What's to discuss? This is entirely speculation on an event that's not even guaranteed to occur within the given time frame, or not at all. And I fail to see how this would be any different if said events would happen anyways. Space colonization has always been a dream of mankind once they realized it was possible to go out into space.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
in five hundred million more years, there would be a point where the sun would implode/explode as it constantly increases its size every second passing by and it may destroy our solar system or even beyond that (and of course, it will consumed Earth by that point)

Our suns not large enough to even bother trying to expand beyond our solar system, much less the Kuiper Belt.
It probably wouldn't even reach Jupiter
Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
the galaxy known as "Andromeda" is heading our way and it will collide with our galaxy in an estimated time of four billion years from now

4 Billion years from now we're not going to be here, we"ll either move to different galaxies/dimensions or whatever the hell you want. or we'll die out as a species long before that.
The sun exploding and consuming Earth hardly seems like it'll ever be a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
There's lots of other disaster scenarios in which mankind will face extinction and a ton of these are much closer to us than FOUR BILLION FRICKEN YEARS not even Chuck Norris can live that long.
Cheap ass steam games,https://www.g2a.com/r/samuel_night
when andromeda collides with oure galaxy, assuming we're still around it wouldn't hardly affect us. each star system is so far apart that we really wouldnt have much to worry about

and the sky would look nice
shmevin eats smegma
1000 years from now is ridiculous and I'm having some second thoughts on our race even lasting that long, but knowing us, like the cockroach, We'll survive, but to a billion years?

Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
when andromeda collides with oure galaxy, assuming we're still around it wouldn't hardly affect us. each star system is so far apart that we really wouldnt have much to worry about

and the sky would look nice

There would be stars colliding as well as planets. Two solar systems that are pin wheels colliding. Sounds like chaos for millions of years.
Last edited by T0ribush; Sep 5, 2013 at 01:39 AM.
No, there generally are not going to be colliding stars or planets. Galaxies are primarily empty space. Any location where the galactic cores intercept is a different story, and the super massive black holes of the Milky Way and Andromeda will likely devour more than a small number of stars, but aside from those specific scenarios, the chance of a star-star collision in a galactic merger is still absurdly low.

Take a handful of marbles, and have a friend take a handful of marbles, stand half a kilometer apart, and shoot them into the air towards about a 1 meter radius sphere that would be the collision space. There's a quite significant chance, with marbles, of no collisions whatsoever. Make the marbles a handful of sand and repeat it again. Compared to the galaxies that are colliding, our own is almost 500,000 light years across. The sun is not even two light seconds wide. A direct collision between two stars in that much space is incredibly unlikely.

There will be several star-star collisions, certainly, but that's attributable to the number of stars involved in a poorly coordinated interaction. In a stable galaxy, like the Milky Way is now, star-star collisions only happen with any realistic frequency between binary pairs. Even with the destabilization inherent in a galactic merger, you NEED to keep in mind how utterly LARGE a galaxy is. To scale, our entire solar system is a tiny, almost unnoticeable dot in the empty space that is our galaxy's sphere of influence.
Last edited by suomynona; Sep 5, 2013 at 03:26 AM.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
1000 years from now is ridiculous and I'm having some second thoughts on our race even lasting that long, but knowing us, like the cockroach, We'll survive, but to a billion years?

There would be stars colliding as well as planets. Two solar systems that are pin wheels colliding. Sounds like chaos for millions of years.

Sounds like it won't be a problem cause we won't be here by then.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
JUST... idk i see it as... the world wont end in ANY of our life times... at least how it seems its going at this point in time.. if the stuff we are "doing" continues MEANING wrecking the Ozone.. and polluting all our water resources.. and depleting every resource the World has.. maybe it might be sooner BUT in our life time.. none of this is a issue.
[M]etal RIP - (R)ust - (Ph) Phase
BTW if my background is illegal, please message me staff member. don't do warning