Toribash
Original Post
Obama spy
So, i've noticed that Barack Obama is spying some countries, like Brazil. What do you think about it? I personally, don't see what he want...
I think the US spies on every country, just more so on others. One reason aside from the current one on being discussed in the news might be Brazil's stance on continuing bilateral freetrade agreements with enemies of the US like peter North Korea.

That's just my opinion. I think it would be a fair to assume that the US is doing all these clandestine things for a variety of reasons.
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
Actually, i'm in the another side, Brazil, i don't think that what he's making is right, to be since, i don't care so much, it don't change nothing in my life, but it change the life of some people in the Brazil...
You noticed Barack Obama is spying? Forgive my living under a rock, but are there any sources/article/news coverage for this? Where did you get that idea, walking past Obama on walking your dog?
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
You noticed Barack Obama is spying? Forgive my living under a rock, but are there any sources/article/news coverage for this? Where did you get that idea, walking past Obama on walking your dog?

Kratos does not speak perfect English because it isn't his first language. By Barack Obama, he means the United States, not him personally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think the US does this because of its role in the international community as being a "vanguard" of democracy, considering how it exudes a considerable amount of influence towards the general populace of the world.

This, by itself, isn't really a bad thing.

However, the methods that the US is currently using might be crossing the line a tad too much, especially in terms of the contraventions of sovereignty of the nations that the US is clandestinely "observing" (I used this term in the loosest way possible).
fl0w
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
I think the US does this because of its role in the international community as being a "vanguard" of democracy, considering how it exudes a considerable amount of influence towards the general populace of the world.

Give me some examples of situations where the US intervened to protect democracy where they didn't actually profit from it in some way.
f=m*a syens
To be honest, I can't name one. Most of their attempts at upholding international democracy via intervention involves some form of self-vested interest one way or another at the end of the day.

Regardless, their presupposed intention to help uphold something of value isn't bad to begin with. It's the method used as well as the simultaneous upholding of self-vested interest that taints any attempts at recovering "transparency".
fl0w
I keep reading this as "obama is gay" and loling. But likely every country is spying on each other, how else would they get intel -- basically like leaking game info.

Thread sucks.

Arglax Moderated Message:
You need to back this up in some way.
Last edited by Arglax; Sep 14, 2013 at 01:49 AM.