ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
How bout just get rid of tc. People have ruined the idea majorly

You mean, restart the economy by removing all TC? Perhaps more dramatic than it would be effective.

Originally Posted by Apricity View Post
Hm, interesting where did it all go D: ... anyway for future reference... I know the idea was brought up awhile ago referring to kind of a bond type of method... basically you get banned and you sink tc to shopadmin or something like that in order to get unbanned... I don't think it would be to terrible of an idea since people just create alts anyway loll.

So if I give you a loan, the TC just gets sunk if you can't pay it off and you get banned for a week? This seems like an unnecessarily complicated TC sink to me. Somewhat unfair too.

How is the banned user going to earn the TC back if they've already spent it? Wouldn't it be simpler just to sink my own TC without giving it out on a loan to someone who, in order for it to be a TC sink, would have to be banned for not paying it back. Or if this TC came from a system account, wouldn't this just create new TC if everyone didn't pay back their loans with interest? Also I don't think there are many people with a reliable or fixed income suitable for paying off loans.

Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
I don't think there's anything more to add after Fish's post.
If nobody has anything more to say, I'll close this thread since there clearly is no more room for discussion after behind-the-scene evidence has been posted.

I just thought it would put some perspective on the discussion. There's still plenty of room for drawing conclusions and making suggestions. Unlike the other threads here, there's actually a potential for someone to come up with something worthwhile.

If we sink TC, so what? Are we doing it to prevent change? What's the worst that could happen?

For purchasing items with TC to be satisfying, how challenging should it be to earn TC? Does sinking TC achieve this?

How much TC should be circulated in the market instead of spent in the torishop?
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
How much TC should be circulated in the market instead of spent in the torishop?

It would be interesting to see the marketers and gm's, admins and/or users opinion on this matter as I have yet to find a reason WHY it is a problem that we face inflation, except that of-course, TC loses the function of being an investment. But if you ask me, items would in most cases anyhow be the better investment, while TC are fix numbers facing a decline in worth.

Could you, Fish, present your MAJOR concerns with an inflation in here?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Every single player would benefit from a great inflation because the price of torishop items as of now is static.
There is one instance that would not benefit, which is nabi, who depend on the sale of goods, including items that would not be as high in demand due to an inflation.
Your statement that investing in items is better than investing in tc makes no sense at all.
Items are goods, tc are a currency. You need both for proper trading. You buy things and try to sell them again as fast as possible to get more tc to buy more items and so forth.
Unless you are talking about investing real money into toricredits or items. In that case your statement does not make much sense either because you will be able to exchange toricredits for whatever you want much easier than items.
Last edited by Redundant; Sep 17, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
It would be interesting to see the marketers and gm's, admins and/or users opinion on this matter as I have yet to find a reason WHY it is a problem that we face inflation, except that of-course, TC loses the function of being an investment. But if you ask me, items would in most cases anyhow be the better investment, while TC are fix numbers facing a decline in worth.

Could you, Fish, present your MAJOR concerns with an inflation in here?

I've never really used the market before, and it's not really what I'm in charge of. I prefer to leave it up to other people to decide on any adjustments. What I try to do is make sure there's not too much change on a grand scale. So I only occasionally do something market related.

The main reason I was posting here was to try and provoke some thought. The people who talk about inflation as a serious problem, usually haven't done anything to find out whether or not inflation actually exists, yet alone how significant it is if it does exist. So I'm more interested in seeing what people can make of it now having seen a few random numbers.
The point being Fish has ran the numbers on this and we've had a few brief discussions over them.

While inflation isn't something plaguing Toribash at the moment, ways to sink TC are always relatively interesting to look into so long as they don't break the idea of our pseudo-free market economy. So long as it's interesting, fun, people get use out of it, and it in fact sinks TC, it's a decent idea to look into. Like betting, decap prizes, bounties, etc.

That being said unless you have a very specific idea, or a culmination of them, I don't see the point in this thread much more, given the real issue about whether or not we suffer from inflation has been answered. And if you do have a specific idea, I think it'd be ideal to make a thread write up in the suggestions board.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Inflation isn't an issue because there are very little opportunities to gain toricredits, let alone toricredits spawning.

There are two ways of receiving toricredits, spawned toricredits and receiving it from someone else. Players can gain spawned toricredits from playing in official servers, winning 500/750tc tourneys, third party offers, and boosters. Players can gain toricredits from others from gambling (bets and duels), marketing, buying toricredits, or forum competitions and prize tourneys. 60% of those options are extremely competitive, 60% is toricredits exchanged from person to person, 40% requires decent ingame experience, 30% requires toricredits to begin with, and 20% requiring you to pay real money. In other words, there is a large gap between poor players who are not experienced enough, and players who monopolize the economy with their greater experience.

That being said, introducing more ways of receiving toricredits AND sinking it in a fun, helpful, or entertaining way would create a larger circulation of toricredits while maintaining a stable economy, as well as allowing newer players access to a larger range of items and options with their newfound flow of toricredits.
Last edited by Shmevin; Sep 19, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Inflation isn't an issue because there are very little opportunities to gain toricredits, let alone toricredits spawning.

There are two ways of receiving toricredits, spawned toricredits and receiving it from someone else. Players can gain spawned toricredits from playing in official servers, winning 500/750tc tourneys, third party offers, and boosters. Players can gain toricredits from others from gambling (bets and duels), marketing, buying toricredits, or forum competitions and prize tourneys. 60% of those options are extremely competitive, 60% is toricredits exchanged from person to person, 40% requires decent ingame experience, 30% requires toricredits to begin with, and 20% requiring you to pay real money. In other words, there is a large gap between poor players who are not experienced enough, and players who monopolize the economy with their greater experience.

That being said, introducing more ways of receiving toricredits AND sinking it in a fun, helpful, or entertaining way would create a larger circulation of toricredits while maintaining a stable economy, as well as allowing newer players access to a larger range of items and options with their newfound flow of toricredits.

wat

Inflation is a huge issue. Where have you been two years ago when the double it button was introduced to sink vast amounts of tc?
Your talking about monopolized economy does not make sense at all either.
Nabi has a monopoly on all items as they are the only manufacturer.
Everyone else merely does second hand trading and ultimately depends on nabi.
Every single player can start marketing and no one can stop 'em if they are decently clever. The competition is not really tough anyway.
Creating more ways to receive and sink tc would probably lead to more circulation. The question is: why is it necessary? The market is very active as it is and almost every single player who plays the game trades with other players at least a couple of times.
Last edited by Redundant; Sep 19, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
How are you?
Could there possibly be a sale for the torishop with everything 25% off for two or so days? I realize this isn't the best possible option, and could cause a major over circulation of many items. I believe it to be, however, a little less harsh than some of the other proposals made, and an efficient way to sink a large amount of TC quickly.