Ranking
View Poll Results: Who's better, Nvidia or ATI?
Nvidia
109 Votes / 68.13%
ATI
51 Votes / 31.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Nvidia Vs. ATI
So I've seen lots of people fighting between ATI and Nvidia recently, Wanted to do a poll to see how it turns out.

Im an Nvidia fan, I love PhisX, and in a dream system, dual 5970s and quad 480s come almost equal, the 480s a bit lower I believe (Not totally sure, Tell me if I'm wrong) But the difference is practically unnoticeable other than PhisX, one of the only things that draws me to Nivida.

What do you guys think?

-Graboy
I've never used Nvidia cards before, only ATI so I can't decide.

However this years products have really edged me over to ati.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
=x No one can tell, they are both awesome... I prefer Nvidia, but ATI keeps me in tence, I want to see if it has more cards for games.
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU
I love the drivers for nVidia. A number of times, I've been unable to play games with friends because their ATI drivers would crash the game.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
If nvidia continues down the path set by the 460 they might regain my trust, but their sli has messed up a couple of my games too. I have to disable sli for them to work. It's been like that for the last couple of driver updates.

Ati is pushing for an open source physx equivalent so they get more of my support there too. Plus their success with the 5000 series, I'd say ati right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
But you have dual GTX 250s DarkJak, why don't you choose NVIDIA?
Anyway, I'm a bit jealous to the 5000 series, but I'm planning to buy GTX 465, so I can use the 3 Way SLI. I wish GTX 460 can support 3 Way SLI, that's gonna be cheap and awesome.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
I'm not a fan of brands and their "mythology". I'd rather judge the stuff objectively by looking into products. And right now ATI has the upper hand.
Nvidia needs to come out with something better and keep lowering the prices.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
i would like a 3rd option on this poll :P i'm personally a fan of both, i can't choose between either for software and hardware reasons, at one point they have both been on top and currently both have features that can make either be on the top. if anything it's a REALLY close race between the two (probably only in single card configurations)
You don't say?
Originally Posted by adotEngine View Post
But you have dual GTX 250s DarkJak, why don't you choose NVIDIA?
Anyway, I'm a bit jealous to the 5000 series, but I'm planning to buy GTX 465, so I can use the 3 Way SLI. I wish GTX 460 can support 3 Way SLI, that's gonna be cheap and awesome.

I got the 250's because they really were the best bang for the buck at the time. I only upgraded to sli later on.
Just because I have nvidia doesn't mean I think they are the best overall, especially since mine was last gen, or last last gen if you wanna look at the architecture of the card :P

Don't get the 465, it's a bum card. It consumes a lot of power for what it is and 2 gtx 470s would be better than 3 gtx 465s.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]