Toribash
View Poll Results: Who's better, Nvidia or ATI?
Nvidia
109 Votes / 68.13%
ATI
51 Votes / 31.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Or you could wait about half a year until you might need it and the price has dropped considerably. Seriously, you don't need the latest cards. You can play any game on max or near max settings with mid-range cards and you won't be spending stupid amounts of money.

i agree but what's upsetting me is the price drop not so much the performance of the newer card. if i waited 2 weeks i would have been able to purchase this card for around $20 less
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
i agree but what's upsetting me is the price drop not so much the performance of the newer card. if i waited 2 weeks i would have been able to purchase this card for around $20 less

That is a very good point. I really do dislike the rolling release schedule that NVidia has.
ati hands down this is my ati card ATI Radeon™ HD6870 and its cheaper and stronger than the newest nvidia so i have finished this thread good bye and have a merry chrismas
actually that's not any bit factual ghostayami nice try though. the 6870 is no where near faster than the gtx 570 let alone the gtx 580 http://www.guru3d.com/article/powerc...-pcs-review/13

like i was saying before, statements without proof are nothing when making a point
You don't say?
Originally Posted by ghostayami View Post
ati hands down this is my ati card ATI Radeon™ HD6870 and its cheaper and stronger than the newest nvidia so i have finished this thread good bye and have a merry chrismas

The new 6000 range benches lower than the 5000 range, higher number =/= better card.
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
The new 6000 range benches lower than the 5000 range, higher number =/= better card.

as shown in the benchmarks that i linked to. in single card/ chipset configurations ati is not faster than nvidia. nvidia is also not necessarily much more expensive either when you look at midrange cards for performance they actually cost less and give you more performance than ati does.

the gtx 460 vs ati's 5830 is a good example as the 5830 cost more for 1-2 fps increase in some games and a 1-5 fps decrease in some games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...mi,2684-9.html
Last edited by Organ; Dec 14, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
You don't say?
Build motion blur filter -> play at low FPS smoothly

(Yes I am saying that I don't understand why people want 100fps or whatever. I mean, my monitor is 2ms pixel response time but the human eye will easily see smooth frames at as low as 30fps. Human eye reacts to light, and it doesn't react uberfast, so even if the game is at 30fps you wont really notice much. its only when it gets down to 10 fps or whatever that it matters. Plus, I think its sooo wasteful to spend so much on GPU and just game.)
Last edited by Gorman; Dec 15, 2010 at 01:03 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
it depends on how they render the animations also gorman. some games are rendered at 60 fps so when the fps is lower the animations and effects jitter because to keep the same speed they have to cut frames from those animations. with movies 30 fps is fine and generally movies are rendered at 24fps. you wont notice that in movies because it's how fast the camera was recording. with gaming it depends on the company and how they made the animations for the games or if they put a motion blur filter or effect in so lower fps is more smooth.

not all games are the same so when people want to build a new computer it's to relieve themselves of the stress of trying to find games that work and to instead have something they know will work and that they don't have to worry about.

the human eye can detect over 30 fps btw
Last edited by Organ; Dec 15, 2010 at 02:16 AM.
You don't say?
its funny you should say that.

Warcraft 3 is what, 10 years old? And all the animations are dynamic so you will never ever see animation flickering.
If a game is so shitty that all the animations are baked at high FPS then that is their own fault for making a shit game.

You can always interpolate the frames to remove all jitter.

My TV has this feature (MotionFlow), and my pc monitor has this feature (they call it something weird)

The human eye can't detect more than 30fps when there is constant light.
Remember that the human eye detects light only. So if there is a 0.00000000001ms flash of light, you will see it fine. But if there is a 10ms flash of darkness, you will not see it.
In a computer situation where there is constantly light coming out, unless you have extreme changes in contrast (aka your computer is basically acting as a strobe light) then your eyes won't even factor in to it.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."