Ranking
Original Post
Namechange List
I propose to you, a list of all the people who are active and have gotten namechanges. In a way where you see their previous name and then their current name. In a format like

Beta>flow
Cdsonic01>Snook

Something kind of like that similar to the past and present GM thread.
Would be useful to an extent, but would be a fairly long list.

Also the general argument is that people would inform others themselves about them going to get a namechange. I still like the idea, however I am not going to support t at this stage.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I know people usually inform others, but there's so many it's hard to keep track of who's who.
Very true. Anyhow, how exactly would this list be organised (alphabetically by oriinal name, new name, etc) and who would keep it up to date? (Obviously the local mods of the area it is put in, probably Off Topic)

On top of this, it would mean that whoever got a namechange would generally have to post their new and old names on this thread, or someone would have to do it for them. We can't really expect that to be easy with a larger increase of players in the future.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I vote yes, being someone who has had a name change themselves.
However, this would would be expansive and cumbersome.
And where would it go?
goodbye cruel world
seems like it could fit in offtopic as a non-official list
you should just open it up for name changers
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
// edit : misunderstood my mistake

also no. Its just a lot of effort for little outcome.
Last edited by Velve; May 23, 2014 at 04:51 AM.
..|.,
U1V1
Originally Posted by Velve View Post
How about in their signature.

I'm pretty sure if someone changed their name and for god knows what reason they actually care enough to strut it around, it would go there. Otherwise generally it wouldn't take more than a week max for people to just "get used to" the new name this person has opted for.

Not everyone would agree with that. A thread would be interesting and help with some history problems or curiosity. People would enjoy it. Why would it be in the user's signature? I don't see what that would do. ;O
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Noticed that a minute before you posted. I just briefly read the thread, I realized The question was as to where the "name change" thread would go. So, I got that.
..|.,
U1V1