Ranking
Original Post
Server classifications
I've had this idea for a while now. That instead of whenever you hit the button labeled "Multiplayer" for toribash and you see a list of all the available servers, you would in return see a certain amount of more buttons. And those be labeled as such as "Betting" "Dueling" "Clan Wars/discussion" "Other." It could go even further by being more specific in the type of server. And when you create your server you'd be dealt with labeling what type of server it is. I feel this would simplify user's problems with finding the right servers. For Example: There have been alot of desc glitches lately where a desc such as "500 tc duels" will show up on a server in which the user did not intend to have such a server. And thus entering the server, a user may become confused about why it was labeled such. So yeah, post your opinions about this suggestion below, along with other labels for servers (As I believe there could be many more) or just about anything else that adds to the topic.
This seems like a great idea hue... With 300+ servers running almost 24/7 after the Steam release I think we should have a way to categorize them. It would make finding what you're looking for a lot easier...
The issue with this is that most players create rooms using /jo (roomname).

So if this were to be implemented, it would preferably be an ingame command as well as a selectable feature when making a server directly from the multiplayer menu; eg /servtype war/bet/duel/event/etc

If it can be done similarly to what I have (badly) described above, I will support this idea.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
Yeah, I had that thought in the back of my mind as well. Shoulden't be TOO difficult to implement anyway.
difficult question. indeed most of players use /jo roomname to create a room to play.

i think it will be good enough for start to make players choose to create "public" or "private" room

private room will stay unlisted in toribash server browser and only invited people or your friends will be able to join, while if you choose public your room will be listed in browser and people will be able to join your room. this will clean up alot of space in server browser. i guarantee that.

now about tags: well yeah, except i would probably get it from desc string, so if line contains word "duels" or anything that sort, the according tag will be added automatically. it's something basic in terms of coding from what i remember about my uni times.

i think matchmaking will be more gentle solution (no idea based on which criterias it should work tho, so up for speculation) if playerbase will continue to grow
(errrr... quite likely, considering that 48% run dual core cpu which is sad and gay, and at very least 20% play on notebooks, which is sad and gay too, since notebooks are not supposed to be a thing to game on, so yeah, considering hardware requirements, some growth should be expected, while again it seems like we will get the very same 12 y/o scrubs with no payability which were the "core" auditory of the game lately, which i adressed 1-2 years ago.)
Last edited by snake; May 23, 2014 at 09:57 PM.