Ranking
Original Post
Promotion System.
I feel like we need a way to reward people who commit to helping the community. My favorite way of doing this is basically where you create a reaction system where you can react to peoples posts so people will strive to get good reactions to there posts. However, I've suggested this before and no one seems to want it partially because apparently implemented before! ( ;-; ) So anyways, I was thinking of a simple version of this: basically every post is able to be "promoted" (a button next to the report button for all staff members), which basically bumps the thread and gives it the tag "[Promoted]." The promotion should reward the thread maker (and who ever else helped make it) by giving them like 2 shiai or whatever the new version of shiai will be.

Now there is the question of what type of thread should get promoted?

I think promotions should only be rewarded to threads that show that the person creating it has put a lot of effort in and is really giving to the community
At first, I thought that this wouldn't really be used, however something like this could be interesting. I'm thinking of it as an actually used and decent replacement to rating threads, which already exists.

For this to be cool, I think it would need to be a button for the community to press, in a much more obvious place in the OP than the current rating thing. After a certain amount of votes to promote the thread, it would get bumped up with the tag, maybe to a separate section below stickys. Art threads with well-made art would get boosted, funny wibbles threads would get boosted, good discussion and off-topic threads would get boosted, etc. Clan discussion and recruitment boards, as well as other boards where this would be less than useful, would have this disabled.

I think the feature would get used, but we'd need to make sure that it doesn't get abused. Making sure only 1 user and 1 ip could vote, etc. (this should also be applied to polls tbh)

As for the shiai prize, I think it would be interesting to award contributing members of the community with something besides Tori Legend, something smaller and not as difficult to achieve. Maybe, if it's shown that promoted threads work and are something that's actively used, you could get a shiai reward after having a certain amount of promoted threads. Maybe there would be a community vote to give people a prize. That's something to discuss elsewhere from this thread, though.

People who have a lot of promoted threads would have some more references when applying for moderator/squad positions, too. It would certainly be a good thing to have, if it were made to work well and the community weren't to abuse it.

Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
At first, I thought that this wouldn't really be used, however something like this could be interesting. I'm thinking of it as an actually used and decent replacement to rating threads, which already exists.

For this to be cool, I think it would need to be a button for the community to press, in a much more obvious place in the OP than the current rating thing. After a certain amount of votes to promote the thread, it would get bumped up with the tag, maybe to a separate section below stickys. Art threads with well-made art would get boosted, funny wibbles threads would get boosted, good discussion and off-topic threads would get boosted, etc. Clan discussion and recruitment boards, as well as other boards where this would be less than useful, would have this disabled.

I think the feature would get used, but we'd need to make sure that it doesn't get abused. Making sure only 1 user and 1 ip could vote, etc. (this should also be applied to polls tbh)

As for the shiai prize, I think it would be interesting to award contributing members of the community with something besides Tori Legend, something smaller and not as difficult to achieve. Maybe, if it's shown that promoted threads work and are something that's actively used, you could get a shiai reward after having a certain amount of promoted threads. Maybe there would be a community vote to give people a prize. That's something to discuss elsewhere from this thread, though.

People who have a lot of promoted threads would have some more references when applying for moderator/squad positions, too. It would certainly be a good thing to have, if it were made to work well and the community weren't to abuse it.

Idk I feel like the voting thing could work but I feel like it should just be brought to the staff members attention if it gets a lot of votes and then they decide to promote it or not... or they just decide in the beginning

its just too hard to implement an IP based thing