Toribash
Original Post
Is it Unusual?
Well here goes.Since I was a kid,things(toys,games etc) didn't seem to keep me satisfied.When I got to the 6th grade I started listening to alternative music witch kept me extremely happy untilthe 8th grade.

I'm having my 16th birthday in 2 months but I don't feel the need to get exited about the gifts or the fact that I lived for 16 years.Sometimes I think about Suicide only to get shot down if I tell anyone.("your feeling sorry for yourself","Man Up")

I know that teens go through this and also that life has the value that you give it.Nothing seems to make me happy anymore(Not even music).

So is it strange?Is it supossed to be over by now?
I also feel guilty about feeling depressed since there are kids that don't get to go to school or have 2 meals a day.

Should I suck it up or just Give in?(Either one is equaly hard).
Well at least you seem more level-headed than most of the "depressed/suicidal" teens out there, so I'll indulge you.
It's a phase. Most teens go through it these days (I blame social networking/attention whores ) and most don't end up dead because they're not stupid and/or have good friends.

The fact your friends/whoever told you to man up or stop feeling sorry for yourself is good - they're good friends/strangers and you should be happy they're dissuading you.

In short: It's a phase, it'll pass. Just don't die before that happens :P
Is it possible that it doesn't?I can't predict the future but I have a good idea of what it will be like.
I'm a strange person.
Also,things aren't going so well at school,probably for everyone,but I can confirm that it has strange effect on me.
seriously I'd talk with the person that is the closest to you and see what they think. Maybe they'll convince you that everything is better than it actually is. Nothings ever as bad as you make it seem. The last time I was depressed, I punched a hole in the wall in my room because my girlfriend was being absolutely unreasonable. Everything works out in the end though :3 could be worse, you could be hemopheliac
trollface.jpg
Last edited by UberDemon; Jan 14, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
I swag as a fat person's belly swaggeth as he goeth.
No one has a good idea of what the future would hold basically because you can't tell the future.

Anything can happen.

You may die tomorrow or live and win the lottery.

Point being, live life to the fullest and stop thinking about the shit that goes down and

push your self to find out what interests you.

About suicide, I suggest you find a therapist.
Some of these awnsers seem familliar,But thank you guys for responding to this thread.
The other thing is,that I know theres other people with these problems,however they never complain or "ask" or "hint" for help.

Does that make them "stronger' In a sense?
No, what makes you strong is having the courage to tell people and receive help.
Keeping your depression inside you is like holding in a poop, it doesn't solve anything and it hurts; you need to find a nice toilet (therapist) and shit out all your problems.

Talking to friends and family works too.

And above all, always tell yourself: "My life could be worse, I could have Bashful Testicles or cancer"
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Hormones. They do this shit. Basically what you are going through is standard puberty. There are a few themes you should figure out pretty quick, mood swings, strange moods for no apparent reason (I.E. depression), the inability to agree with anyone about anything, the need to rise up against old concepts, I.E. 'man up', oh and BO + Hair, that too.

Pretty much this wont end any time soon (probably when you are around 20), so just get used to it / deal with it, there really is no other option, well, there is medication, but I seriously don't advise that. Apparently it helps if you exercise lots and eat well, so try climbing walls or something.

In any case this isn't a discussion topic, so welcome to off topic.
If anyone is mean feel free to report their post and a friendly smod will get to it.

Seriously however I went through the same thing just like every other human, everyone gets hit by it in slightly different ways, but the major themes are the same, so you can look up advice on google if you want, most good websites will point you to eating well and exercising, oh, but you can eat fuck tons of meat, because your body will digest it faster while your growing.

By the way, yes I know that you hate that the problem is so matter of fact, typical and biological, another theme of puberty is to seek non existent importance in everything, welcome to the club. Any correlation you see of depression throughout your life is probably just because of this, still you can book a doctors appointment if you believe you have a serious chemical imbalance, just, if your in the USA, don't let anyone push pills on you without a second, independent opinion, preferably from a trained doctor.
Last edited by Vox; Jan 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Well thanks vox that makes allot of sense.I know that every other person has gone through this and or make it.

I seriously hope that it didn't seem like I was feeling sorry for myself.
Thanks.