Ranking
Original Post
How to avoid on.toribash tricks
Personally I think they're kind of entertaining, but they also can get a little old. Obviously the simplest thing to do is to check the status bar at the bottom which will display the genuine link address (on these fora anyway), but it's easy to forget and its a pain to have to double check every link everybody posts.

If you want to avoid on.toribash referral links here is one quick way to help. You need Firefox or any browser that uses some kind of user CSS file to display pages. This tutorial will focus on firefox.

First you need to go to your Chrome directory, which (in XP)is usually located somewhere like

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RandomLettersAndNumb ers.default\chrome

in Vista you should try looking here (thanks Blam):

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles\NumbersAndLettersOfRandom.default\chrome

You should see a file called userContent-example.css and/or userContent.css open userContent.css if you have it or open the example.css if not and add the following to the bottom of it:

a[href*="on.toribash"]
{
background-color: red !important;
color: white !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
text-decoration: none !important;
}

Save it as userContent.css and restart Firefox. Voilà all those tricksy on.toribash links should have a red background and a white text. If you know CSS you can customize that as you like, if you don't you can either leave it or learn a bit of CSS from the interweb and take it from there.

(apologies, MaddMaxx10)

If you have an interesting bit of CSS to add to this, please post so that CSS-virgins can try it.
Last edited by Modulous; Jul 28, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Why would you want to avoid them. Theres no harm in clicking them.

A lot of work to avoid them instead of just a couple of seconds of your life you would have used clicking on an on.toribash link

Personally I piss my self to see how many sexually depraved kids have clicked on mine. But nonetheless if people want to avoid them : Enjoy it
Last edited by Velve; Jul 28, 2008 at 03:47 PM.
..|.,
U1V1
Thats quite a nice way of avoiding them :O

Ofc, i always look at the status bar before clicking a link, but I think i will do this just incase :P

oh and in vista its something like

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\NumbersAndLettersOfRandom.default\chrome
Last edited by Blam; Jul 28, 2008 at 03:52 PM.
:D
There is harm in as much as it generates wealth in a way not intended by the makers of the game and in so much as that wealth can translate into real life money. Copy and pasting a few lines of code is hardly a lot of work, and this isn't necessarily about the time spent clicking on a link. Different people will naturally have different reasons for wanting to avoid them, for those that do, they might try this.

Also as I recently said,

Personally I think they're kind of entertaining, but they also can get a little old.

Originally Posted by Modulous View Post
There is harm in as much as it generates wealth in a way not intended by the makers of the game and in so much as that wealth can translate into real life money.

*cough* Perhaps thats why the makers of the game decided on adding .on links to the forums for all to use freely as they wish.

Oh and this is a good way of avoiding them btw.
Last edited by Velve; Jul 28, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
..|.,
U1V1
that is such a tightass solution. i always click the on.toribash links because it keeps people interested and motivated with an extra bonus, since one click is the equivalent earnings of winning 6 matches.

It's a good thing, as far as i'm concerned.
well, not to bump in on your thread, but cant you just right click it and then click properties? That's what I do to see if its a trick link.
<Hanz0> Crush his hopes and dreams in the palm or your hand.Doitdoitdoit ;D
[RENEGADE]
better way is to just right click and then look at the bottom left of the screen... but why would you want to avoid something so generous?

But the way zeipher did it ticked me off :O
Last edited by Jageer0; Jul 28, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
timesplitters ftw!
The link is a lie O_OThis is an .on link