Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] [HELP] Serenity_Altered_Sight
The idea was to make a "spar" type of mod, cause I am trying to expand from my wushu mods. Anyways, both players start on opposite sides of the room. It is made to look wire-frame so objects wouldn't get in the player's sight of attack, but enough to get in the way for good tori control challenge...but, i don't make these types of maps. Some feedback what help a lot, thanks.

note: *I added a single sword in middle of map to give a race factor feel*

if images are not big enough i also uploaded them here also.

http://imgur.com/a/0yk8m
Attached Images
1.jpg (61.5 KB, 39 views)
2.jpg (78.4 KB, 26 views)
4.jpg (66.1 KB, 22 views)
sword.jpg (93.7 KB, 20 views)
Attached Files
Serenity_Altered_Sight.tbm (26.6 KB, 8 views)
Good Renders Everyone's Emotional Doom.
"Come with me, and let's watch the world burn together"
It's a good idea, in my opinion though you should make the blocks solid colors with detailing instead.

For me(Again my opinion), it gets a Little cluttered with looking at a bunch of lines not seing propperly what is what.

Other than that it's cool mod.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
that makes sense, make the objects kinda transparent to still give wire-frame effect, or you think i should just go all solid with a color scheme to make it have the feel of a lobby?
Second option would be in my taste, but try both if you have the time for it, ẃould be interesting having other versions to try out.
that's a good idea thanks, but since i am not a "spar" player, what you think the best tori and uke start positions will be to make a little more.....spar like? cause jumping over the railing with (if player changed) gravity at -30. I think that wouldn't make much sense, maybe both tori's facing there sides of the stairs at end of railing? (so in-case they wanted to run down.
I'd see it as a fun thing to start like it is actually, having some distance and rushing to get the sword first kinda idea, Otherwise the standard thing would maybie to get a platform of some sort in the middle next to the sword or such and start of Close there and move on out from there, But from that the stairs/ledges would only serve as, well scenery mostly if you don't get crazy people to climb up them and fight on them etc.

Try things out, idk really since i'm not too good with mods other then playing on them, but if i find the time i'll totaly test them out.
sweet, thanks. I'll try other things out, and see how it goes, i just wanna make good multi-player mods, cause most spar mods i have seen are more "showcase" and mostly meant for looks instead of the actually playing it with more than 2 people. (cause no one likes to wait 200 turns just for a chance to play a cool looking mod) Thanks for all the awesome input xioi
updated serenity spar room (solid color)
so i turned the room completely solid and colored it with some extra detail to make the room feel more like.......a room

*if images aren't big enough i also uploaded them here*

http://imgur.com/a/ANOgT
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
Attached Files
Serenity_SparRoom.tbm (26.6 KB, 2 views)
That looks much better and I like it
Keep it up working with it
yeah, that was the final product...i used 127 objects, so yeah cut off by the limit cap
-----
oh, and because i liked the first one, i made it into wushu flux. The wire frame map, i just couldn't bring myself to never use it
Last edited by Bavaros; Jan 6, 2017 at 10:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump