ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL] Street Brawl
Ok, this is my second "world" mod: Street Brawl
also made for the same purpose as my last mod: Over Pass

Picture this:
your in a night club and some guy decides to pick a fight with you, so you both take it outside and fight in the street.

what will you use this for? Dance-off? Or just beat the life out of uke
The black rectangles are grab-able. Post some replays if you like
you may mod this if you like.

plenty more to come
Attached Files
street_brawl.tbm (2.9 KB, 96 views)
|Co-Founder of iCoF|Now Using a New Account ToxWolf|
We might have a bboy comp coming out.

Come have a chat with me about this in irc. I like the concept
Gone Fishing
im sorry but i dont have any irc programs

Edit: ok just got one
Last edited by Jago; May 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Nice jago!

I wish you luck on helping Gman with stuff. Maybe you could make a mod-pack with all these world mods?
- its been a while
Originally Posted by blkk View Post
Maybe you could make a mod-pack with all these world mods?

i might just do that eventually
just don't expect something REALLY advanced i still haven't figured out jointing
You could read the tuts about jointing to get started. PM me if you want any questions/help/debugging shit.

Suggestion: make a box in the approxiamte size of a car... mass 10, thrust 1 0 0 100, gravity 0 0 -10. put it some distance away, and add a joust to it, and make it smash into uke/tori if they don't get out of the way fast enough. xD
- its been a while
Jointing is easier than you think.. in your tbm file, near the bottom, just write:
env_obj_joint 1 1 2
pos 0.00 0.00 0.00
axis 1 0 0
range 0.00 0.00
visible 1
env_obj_joint 1 1 2 (the first number is the number of the joint, so you next joint would be 2, and the second and third number are the objects you want to join, in this case 1 and 2 but this is just for the sake of this guide)
pos 0.00 0.00 0.00 (the position of the joint in x,y,z)
axis 1 0 0 (what axis you want the joint to rotate around; x,y,z if all are set to 0 I think it chooses x by default, this isn't coordinates but controlled either on or off)
range 0.00 0.00 (the range.. if you want the rotating of the joint to stop at some point you'll use this)
visible 1 (This is to see your joint. When you're done and satisfied with it you can set this to 0 but if you're working on the joint it's useful to have this set to 1)

A joint has no density.. i.e. it's not a solid you can think of it as almost non-existent except for the purpose of joining 2 objects, so you place it in-between 2 objects you want to join. (done with math..) Usually what I do is take the size of 1 object, and then divide that by 2 (to get half of the size of the object) and subtract it (or add depending on the objects position) from the object's position (x y or z depending on the side's measurement I used) to get the exact point of the beginning or end of the object, and incidentally if you're good in worldbuilder it should be the end/beginning of the next object also thus completing the joint.

This will probably explain it better...
http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?t...ronment_Joints
the hardest part imo is the range because I have no idea what unit of measurement it's based on.. so just play around with it or if you've played a mod and like the range of something in particular you could always just open up that mod and take the range..
/set gr 0 0 -30
the part i do not get what so ever is the positioning and nothing explains it nor can i get it right
its just sooooo confusing
Just study some mods, add the line "visible 1" in the coding of the env_obj_joint 's for some of your favourite mods although I suggest you back them up but for the most part this will help more than anything I can say... I'd provide a tutorial but I might aswell make a tutorial on them if I do that because if I used pictures you'd see just how easy it really is..

I guess the only other thing I can say is think of the XYZ grid in terms of 2D, you either have X and Z (side view of uke/tori) as a factor OR X and Y (bird's eye view of uke/tori) then you might find it easier to find the position of your joints..
/set gr 0 0 -30
Positioning? thats the easiest thing of all.... its exactly the same as moving world objects around. X,Y,Z on a 3d quardinates grid.
- its been a while