Ranking
Original Post
What makes you interested in a clan?
I've been around the forums for a 'while' now, and one of the first threads I had noticed was: Clan Discussion. most clan require a belt, how long your active, etc. I think some of the requirements to get into a clan is redundant. but of course, that's my opinion. I believe that to get into the clan, the most you'd need is some personal information, and maybe your belt. (just to back it up). from my point of view most clans only want you if your active in: IRC, the forums, or the game. it's either one or the other. very few require any personality or maturity. It's all about who has the best belt, or rank. which means you could recruit a complete douche-bag which would result in your clan loosing any reputation you may have produced.

Discuss.
This has always been the age old question. And what it comes down to, is that the "e-cool" clans aren't belt related at all, but that's just what I've noticed.

I guess it depends on the clan, some clans play loads of toribash, while others dont.
I'd rather a clan of "buddies" who just chill out, and talk. simply enjoying themselves, and not trying to get e-cool. I think [Doxa] is the only clan I've seen that is the closest to a clan of buddies. it still seems as though they try to be e-cool as well.
Originally Posted by pub View Post
I'd rather a clan of "buddies" who just chill out, and talk. simply enjoying themselves, and not trying to get e-cool. I think [Doxa] is the only clan I've seen that is the closest to a clan of buddies. it still seems as though they try to be e-cool as well.

Oh hello there, it seems you've mentioned my clan. Yes we are a group of friends, but we do welcome other members of the community also. They have to suit our attitude though, very chilled out and easy going. We don't strive for e-cool, if anything we're against that shit. We be ourselves, we don't attempt to be someone we're not. That's what Doxa stands for, be yourself. I'll end my whole pitch to talk up my clan now :P

Before Doxa, when I wanted to join a clan I looked for people I know, respected members and a laid back style. Clans like [sheep], [bncy], [MAD], [Torigod] and such, of course you're going to need skills and possibly connections, so I don't know the chances of normal members joining.
Also, remember you don't NEED a clan. A lot of people in the game are clanless and perfectly happy that way, some of them even end up being "e-cool" all by themselves.

Some clans you might think are "e cool" might not be also, and there may be a bigger reason that the clan stays together. Like, from what I have seen the RAWR people are pretty tight with each other, but most of that stems from their history on the forums and, from that, they have achieved "e cool" even if they wouldn't ever call it that. Plus they are pretty damn good at Toribash as well.

No matter how you slice it, clans that last a while tend to be more exclusive in who they allow in. And you will notice that a lot of the "cool" clans barely play the game anymore and mostly stick around for the community and the friends they have made. But, nothing gold can stay, the top clans when I started have mostly gone inactive, and those are the clans I really wanted to be in at first, as it happened, I ended up in a clan I had never really considered being a part of, but that has been around longer than most and is still active, and now I cant really bring myself to go anywhere else :3
Organisation of Awesome: Member.

You've obviously not spent enough time looking into clans. The guys in [elite] are pretty much brothers. It's at the point where if we were to meet up irl, you'd think we were all related. Seeing as we only have 7 members, you can understand why we are so close. No, we're not the best players, nor do we claim to be. We don't try to be e-cool, nor do we look for it in our applicants. We do have belt limits, but that's only to make sure we're getting people who seem to enjoy the game, and have a low chance of leaving it any time soon. We look for maturity in our applicants, as well as personality. If you're an uptight douche, you're probably going to get rejected. Basically, we rarely find people we like because of all the people here who think their e-peen is over 9000 inches long.
Bounafizta says:
My love for u has gotten me detention like 4 times lol
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Oh hello there, it seems you've mentioned my clan. Yes we are a group of friends, but we do welcome other members of the community also. They have to suit our attitude though, very chilled out and easy going. We don't strive for e-cool, if anything we're against that shit. We be ourselves, we don't attempt to be someone we're not. That's what Doxa stands for, be yourself. I'll end my whole pitch to talk up my clan now :P

Before Doxa, when I wanted to join a clan I looked for people I know, respected members and a laid back style. Clans like [sheep], [bncy], [MAD], [Torigod] and such, of course you're going to need skills and possibly connections, so I don't know the chances of normal members joining.

I see. I guess I semi-misjudged you. (if that's even a term...) anywho. if I were to apply to any clan, it would be one with laid back guys. not that I'm really striving for a clan right now.

Originally Posted by tacoBELL View Post
You've obviously not spent enough time looking into clans. The guys in [elite] are pretty much brothers. It's at the point where if we were to meet up irl, you'd think we were all related. Seeing as we only have 7 members, you can understand why we are so close. No, we're not the best players, nor do we claim to be. We don't try to be e-cool, nor do we look for it in our applicants. We do have belt limits, but that's only to make sure we're getting people who seem to enjoy the game, and have a low chance of leaving it any time soon. We look for maturity in our applicants, as well as personality. If you're an uptight douche, you're probably going to get rejected. Basically, we rarely find people we like because of all the people here who think their e-peen is over 9000 inches long.

I admit, I skimmed. I didn't really bother with the inactive clans.
Pfft. We're not inactive.
Bounafizta says:
My love for u has gotten me detention like 4 times lol
I admit, I skimmed. I didn't really bother with the inactive clans.

sorry for not acknowledging you. ._.
Yeah, the more popular clans (read as: harder to get into) tend to not care about belt or ingame experience at all, and hinge everything on personality/behavior. I like to think [sheep] is pretty close. :v