people playing: 109, servers online: 37, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Cicada3301

Toribash Community » General » Rapid Threads
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Quixotes

Blue Belt

How is Flame Forge Price Calculated?
I've noticed that some people are selling their flames for 50 or 60k. It would stand to reason, then,that the authors of these flames are trying to make a profit, and yet the default "my zawesome flame" is 66k. In my very short time messing around with the flame forge, I can't figure out how one could decrease the price to be below 66k.

What exactly are the price modifiers on the flame forge? It seems that many of the commands don't change the price at all, and the only consistent pattern i've noticed is that SFX always increases the price greatly.
"Ramone."
-Ramone, 2018
Quixotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Kriegery
Spaghetti Duck

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

While I don't know how the price is calculated, I do know that it's not possible to make the flames cheaper and it's almost always much more expensive for the forging itself than for the resale value.

That's one of the reasons why custom flames don't sell ghag often, they're more expensive than already existing ones
[Adventure]

[The Market Squad]

[Kriegery is Creati0n's Magnus Opus - a fully automated market moderation AI] - Neko
Kriegery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Quixotes

Blue Belt

Originally Posted by Kriegery View Post
While I don't know how the price is calculated, I do know that it's not possible to make the flames cheaper and it's almost always much more expensive for the forging itself than for the resale value.

That's one of the reasons why custom flames don't sell ghag often, they're more expensive than already existing ones

So what you're saying is that all of the flames under 66k are quicksells of
pre-existing flames?

Also, to anyone else in the thread, I still am interested in the modifiers, just because I'm on a tangent here doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate answers to the original question.
"Ramone."
-Ramone, 2018
Quixotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
Unicorn
POOHEAD

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Midnight

The more sliders you move the more expensive a flame gets.
the "my zawesome flame" is the standard name from people who havent put another one in, the flames may differ regardless.

Anyways, those flames on the market were once sold for a loss probably as pre-froged flames havent been around for long.

as those flames partially arent worth much due to what they are(basic stuff like a stable hat flame), they sell for such a low amount. basically no flame is worth the amount they were forged for, only if its really really well done, but then they're worth for what they are(as in it being unique in their style, wings or smth).

they're expensive because you have the ability to make your very own item and flames are supposed to be somewhat unique, as they're after all connected to a unique ID too.

If you want a specific type of flame for the cheapest possible price i would suggest to hit up a flame forger (there are a few around the flame particles selling board thing) and let them make you one.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Mateo
ARTTRAVISUAL

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

Flame forging is a way of TC sink in the game.

That's why it's so expensive too.
[Adventure]FanClub[MAU]Replays[Crooks]

Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
tyzi
it is i, tyzerino gambino las vegas marino honda civic

nothing Belt

Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Flame forging is a way of TC sink in the game.

That's why it's so expensive too.

Yeah, you sink TC for items. Kind of like buying anything

Super Moderator | Help Squad
Questions, Applications? PM me!
also responds to "tizzy patric!K!"
tyzi is offline   Reply With Quote