Toribash
Original Post
Changes in the official sumo rules
like topic said..

new settings:

Dismemberthreshold => 150
Freacture => 1
Fracturethreshold => 100

apart from the above changes, everything else stays.
This is to allow our fatsos to handle the increased momentum without falling apart that easy
In my opinion it make no sense that sumo is a non grab mode. If it were to be like real life sumo the grab feature would be enabled, because the object of sumo is to floor your opponent or push them out of the ring. You would aheive this by "gripping" your opponent. You cannot grip your opponent very easily without grab being enabled, its still possible to push i little bit, but if grab were enabled it would be much easier to push your opponent about.
PARANDROID
I agree , The sumo mode might as well be taken out if you cant grab, Have you ever seen sumo wrestlers without fingers.

my point exactly
When have you ever actually seen a sumo wrestler grab using his fingers?
They're so big, they just kind push each other down. (If I'm not mistaken)
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
No...it's more than "pushing each other down". They grab each other's diaper thingies (forgot techinical term) slap each other, ect.
I always found sumo frustrating because of the no grab rule. Grabbing would make it a lot better. Btw, grabbing each others diapers is only for the GAY ones. :P
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE d(^_^ )b d( ^_^)b UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE
The mawashi or "diaper things" are an important part of sumo and Japanese cuture...

I'd agree that sumo could benefit from grip, and would add realism. This would change the mode to a high gravity judo (hmmm, sambo?). The real kicker here is to look at sumo rules, which dictates NO attacking with the bottom of the feet (which is a fantastic tactic in Toribash sumo), and NO part may touch the ground EXCEPT the bottom of the feet (yes, NO HANDS).

I'd be all for adding grip if we could implement these rules also. I don't see this happening anytime soon, however.

Sumo is a good mode as it stands. My only complaint is DM in it at all, but I'm fracture biased anyway...

Its not accurate, it probably never will be. Get over it, practice and have fun as it is. If thats not possible, then go play Judo-DM with all the other unwashed masses.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
My argument is that it doesn't have to feel like a real sumo wrestling match at all because it is such a unique mod/mode and that because of this the settings should probably not have been altered. But having said that , I played the new settings last night and although I got pwned in just about all my matches I still found it to be quite fun. I think adding grab to sumo would not make it better at all because it would take away alot of situations where you just manage to stop your self from dqing by contorting into some weird position and then spring yourself back at your opponent after your initial attack, making it a more complex and technical fight. Whereas if grip were enabled the first contact would more often than not result in a twisted mass of toris from the first turn- ala judo, and , I think I can safely speak for myself in saying that we do not need another judo.
insert sig there
ya turn grab on
but make only the hands can be grabbed

+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+
|F||u||n||c||t||i||o||n||-||X||-|
+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+