Ranking
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I wouldn't say it's just down to aim. It's how you set yourself up mainly.

A lot of silver people, and hell i'd say even up to like gn2s just don't know how to set themselves up properly. People don't snap to the edge when they corner, they go in, and they get shot because the other guy saw them before they saw him.

CSGO is at it's base about killing everyone you can see before they can do the same to you, so obviously it would help if you saw them before they saw you. By setting up properly, you nullify the advantage they have over you, and at that point, it's down to who can aim better.

Best example I can think of is Ts going cat. They smoke mid, wait out the shots through the smoke, and then they run into cat without checking the corner across from stairs, and then unsafely check stairs by hugging the wall across from stairs and just running across. Those are two situations there where if there is anyone there, Ts are dead, and the entire time the CT guy is at a complete advantage. I can't tell you how many times I get called a hacker when I correctly corner and instantly pop the guy waiting to kill me in the head.

Learning how to set myself up properly was the greatest thing I've learned since I started playing csgo. I have shit tier aim and like, even with that it's easier to carry games.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by -Cyri- View Post
That's incredibly wrong,

No, it's not.

aim is not the only thing that gets you out of silver league.

Yes, it is.
Tactics and game sense are a big thing in higher ranks. So, no, Hobo is not right.

That's right. Silver ranks aren't high at all. What point are you trying to make here?
I've seen people with incredible aim and reflexes, easily worthy of Gold Nova 3 or higher, but they have shit tactics & game sense so they lose because of that.

Game sense means nothing in Silver. This is because their play style is so unpredictable. You can't prefire angles because Silvers are never in these angles. Strats don't matter either because Silvers rush through smokes anyway.

I've played against Novas and gotten pretty frustrated because they'll be in the most unexpected places. I pulled myself from Silver 4 to GN3 in a matter of two days after I got my new mousepad and lowered the fuck out of my sensitivity. I didn't use game sense, I had only about 200 hours in the game playing against people like that. I solo queued and won about 20 straight games simply by carrying the fuck out of my team. Kinda like smurfing, I guess.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
once again you only need to win gunfights to get out of silver
this is silver, not gn2

Originally Posted by box View Post
No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

That's right. Silver ranks aren't high at all. What point are you trying to make here?

Game sense means nothing in Silver. This is because their play style is so unpredictable. You can't prefire angles because Silvers are never in these angles. Strats don't matter either because Silvers rush through smokes anyway.

I've played against Novas and gotten pretty frustrated because they'll be in the most unexpected places. I pulled myself from Silver 4 to GN3 in a matter of two days after I got my new mousepad and lowered the fuck out of my sensitivity. I didn't use game sense, I had only about 200 hours in the game playing against people like that. I solo queued and won about 20 straight games simply by carrying the fuck out of my team. Kinda like smurfing, I guess.

Not entirely sure why you quoted every word just to essentially say 'no', seems strange but whatever.

I didn't say game sense or tactics were everything, I said AIMING is not the only thing in csgo that gets you out of silver league, or ranking up in general.

For some people it is all they need, and fine good for them. But if you're actually trying to play in a competitive environment you're using tactics and game sense, not just your aiming skill.

And for silvers sake, no I suppose extreme levels of tactics and game sense are not needed, but being tactical and having some kind of game sense does help regardless.

So as I said before, yes, aiming is not all there is to ranking up and getting out of silver league.
i think that you only need aim to get out of silver
11:44 PM - mokoshotar: do you think if i give you a list of bullies at my school you could butterfly jutsu them
Yeah but thiggist you always single fire AK-47 xdd

Still luv yew doe
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
I can't aim and I got out of silver, nearly made it to MG before I stopped playing

took me forever but yeah
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I wouldn't say it's just down to aim. It's how you set yourself up mainly.
A lot of silver people, and hell i'd say even up to like gn2s just don't know how to set themselves up properly. People don't snap to the edge when they corner, they go in, and they get shot because the other guy saw them before they saw him.

CSGO is at it's base about killing everyone you can see before they can do the same to you, so obviously it would help if you saw them before they saw you. By setting up properly, you nullify the advantage they have over you, and at that point, it's down to who can aim better.

Best example I can think of is Ts going cat. They smoke mid, wait out the shots through the smoke, and then they run into cat without checking the corner across from stairs, and then unsafely check stairs by hugging the wall across from stairs and just running across. Those are two situations there where if there is anyone there, Ts are dead, and the entire time the CT guy is at a complete advantage. I can't tell you how many times I get called a hacker when I correctly corner and instantly pop the guy waiting to kill me in the head.

Learning how to set myself up properly was the greatest thing I've learned since I started playing csgo. I have shit tier aim and like, even with that it's easier to carry games.

Aiming has a huge part in silver, most people just spray, i burst and 9 times out of 10 i get the kill setting up does help but only in some situations

Originally Posted by twiggist View Post
i think that you only need aim to get out of silver

That communicating and knowing when to rotate with a good premade will get you nova rather fast

Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Yeah but thiggist you always single fire AK-47 xdd

Still luv yew doe

1 tap is op
Last edited by BANG; Feb 4, 2015 at 08:53 PM.
^ I one tap a lot.

What should I name my Desert Eagle | Conspiracy?
Originally Posted by BuZe View Post
^ I one tap a lot.

What should I name my Desert Eagle | Conspiracy?

juan deag,
illuminati,
one of them or both
Originally Posted by Razer73 View Post
juan deag,
illuminati,
one of them or both

juan deag illoominatie or not?! better
no u